The American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position in psychology at the assistant, associate, and full professor levels. The successful applicant starts in Fall 2023.
The successful candidate is expected to have an excellent research record and substantial and outstanding experience in teaching a variety of psychology courses in an institution following the liberal arts model of education. Although the area of specialization is open, the Department strongly prefers to hire a scholar and teacher specializing in Clinical Psychology, Developmental Psychology, or Physiological Psychology and who can teach Psychology Research Methods and Statistics.
A Ph.D. in Psychology is required.
Here are the additional requirements of this position:
- Areas of specialization: open, with a strong preference for Clinical Psychology, Developmental Psychology, or Physiological Psychology.
- Areas of competence: open.
- Required qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Psychology;
- Ability to teach core psychology courses, namely, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Social Psychology, Psychology Research Methods & Statistics, as well as other existing courses and future courses created to further develop the Psychology Program at AUBG;
- Willingness to teach courses outside of the faculty member’s areas of specialization whenever needed, in accordance with departmental needs;
- A strong commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching at a liberal arts institution;
- Previous experience with, or willingness to learn how to use, the Canvas learning platform and Zoom video conferencing;
- A strong research record and an active research agenda, enabling the pursuit of habilitation in accordance with Bulgarian law.
AUBG is a highly selective, independent, co-educational, residential liberal arts university located in Blagoevgrad. The student body is international, with students coming from over 40 countries, mainly from Southeastern Europe, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia. All instruction is in English. The teaching load of tenure-track faculty members is six sections per year (i.e., three sections in the fall and three sections in the spring).
AUBG is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will be closed when the position is filled.
Candidates must submit an application form (available here), an application letter explaining how they meet the requirements for the position, and a complete CV, including a list of courses taught previously and a list of publication to: firstname.lastname@example.org .