EdPlus Enrollment Coach
Arizona State University
EdPlus Enrollment Center
The ASU Mission – We are measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes and how they succeed.
Our students come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our communities stronger.
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for changing the world through educational excellence and student success, you will find a home with us. As an EdPlus Enrollment Coach, you will be integral to this ASU mission and impact lives.
You will be part of a University that thrives on world-class academics, discovery, and innovation, and serving learners at every stage of their lives.
Our EdPlus Enrollment Coach will be an effective communicator and problem solver who brings a service-oriented approach.
If you are a professional that knows what it takes to drive results in a fast-paced and supportive environment with objectives that impact lives and change the world, join us!
Our compensation amount for this role is targeted at $52,000 in the Phoenix metro area. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary.
EdPlus is a unit of the ASU Enterprise focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. We advance the economic, social, cultural, and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU.
Our best-in-class benefits include
- Reduced in-state tuition for credit courses at any Arizona university system — Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University or the University of Arizona for benefits-eligible faculty and staff, their legal spouses, and dependent children.
- Comprehensive medical insurance plans, as well as dental, vision, pharmacy, and health spending accounts.
- A variety of other discounts, opportunities, in and around the ASU community.
$52,000 per year
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Serve as a critical point of contact for prospective students that initiate chats, emails, calls, or texts to answer initial questions and assist with enrollment through admissions and registration.
- Foster a culture of engagement with prospective students by learning about them, providing swift responses to student inquiries, maintaining professional written and verbal communication, and providing support throughout the enrollment process.
- Contribute to prospective student success through building relationships, getting to know prospective students “Why”, and aligning them to programs that will help accomplish their goals.
- Work collaboratively with Enrollment Coordinators to deliver an exceptional student experience while assisting prospective students complete their application at a faster-than-average pace.
- Use resources and critical thinking skills to provide the best information and direction for students, at the right time, in the contact method that they prefer.
- Partner with University academic units and services to (work through challenges and solve unique roadblocks.
- Maintain a positive, “How can I help?” attitude.
- Assist in the development, editing and distribution of recruitment materials to include but not limited to, student communications, programmatic advisement resources, guides, etc.
- Challenge the status quo by recommending new and innovative procedures with student success in mind.
- Cultivate relationships with the ASU community to ensure that recruitment program goals and objectives are accomplished.
- Assume or coordinate other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND two (2) years previous experience in one or more of the following: advising, student recruitment/retention, related student services, phone-based sales, customer service, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
We’d love to talk if
- You align and understand our charter.
- You have a customer-first mentality in delivering a world class customer service experience.
- You have a persuasive, teaching style of communication even with complex processes and policies.
- You love working with people to change their lives.
- You have a proven track record of delivering in a customer-centric environment while also taking pride in driving operational efficiencies.
- You are adaptable in a faced-paced environment with constant change.
- You thrive working with others with diverse backgrounds.
- You possess an exceptional amount of empathy and are knowledgeable of the challenges faced by current and prospective students entering higher education (first generation, returning adults, financially constrained).
- You have strong time management skills to balance multiple competing needs.
- You are a strong communicator.
Don’t forget to tell us if you have
- Evidence of a Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
- Experience in an institution of higher education supporting programs of study for a diverse student population or experience recruiting students of any level
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience in customer service and technical communication.
- Experience managing quickly changing priorities which may include resolution of conflicts.
- Anything else that makes you an ideal coach to encourage and enroll prospective students.
EdPlus at ASU is located at SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The center houses a diverse business community that links technology, research, education, and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge economy.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
EdPlus at ASU supports flexible work options, ranging from alternate work schedules to hybrid remote work schedules, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
EdPlus defines itself through a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and refusing to accept the status quo. As a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education, our commitments support the university charter. ASU is a national service university and aspires to accelerate positive social outcomes through the seamless integration of cutting-edge technological innovation and scalability.
EdPlus employees are valued, respected, and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in everything we do. We know that our ability to deliver high-quality services and educational experiences is strengthened by the diversity of our employees. Our innovative culture drives outcomes through serving learners, achieving milestones, striving for excellence, solving problems, feeling a sense of urgency, and being bold.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; EdPlus at ASU will not be a sponsor for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 82887BR