Back-End Digital Developer
The Back-End Digital Developer will architect and develop digital
solutions to support the university, keeping Adelphi on the cutting
edge of digital technology as we embark on our new strategic plan.
The candidate will have a thorough understanding of server-side and
API development, and be able to work within a collaborative,
cross-disciplinary team to develop innovative and robust back-end
solutions for our website and mobile applications. As such, this
candidate should be able to effectively and professionally
communicate with others.
Manager of Mobile and Web Technologies
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
REQUIREMENTS (KNowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Support Adelphi's forthcoming strategic plan initiatives by
developing best-in-class digital applications and services to
enhance the student and faculty experience.
- Collaborate with the Digital Development and User Experience
team to develop, test, and implement new features and functionality
for our web and mobile applications.
- Develop custom Wordpress templates, components, and plugins to
enhance the functionality of our website.
- Make recommendations on best practices for engineering and
developing new digital solutions using a variety of back-end
languages and technologies.
- Architect, develop, and maintain API endpoints using Django
- Work with stakeholders from varying technical backgrounds to
ensure successful product delivery.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Experience developing PHP / MySQL web applications, including a
strong understanding of the Wordpress platform.
- Python Server development experience using frameworks such as
Django or Flask.
- Ability to design and develop scalable web-based REST
- Experience building asynchronous applications using web
- Ability to connect with and consume third-party REST APIs and
- Experience setting up and working in Docker environments.
- Ability to work in a collaborative coding environment using Git
- Ability to troubleshoot server-side issues while recommending
and implementing remediations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills while
working on a project.
- Ability to take direction and accept feedback
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical
field, or equivalent training, and/or experience.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving more than 7,500 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers
students 75 undergraduate programs, more than 70 master's degree
and doctoral programs, and 55 certificate programs in the liberal
arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 118,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
44 states and 65 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2829