Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest
Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative
and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 51-year commitment experimenting with
new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such
practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies,
creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from
life and work experience, building professional and social student
support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet
students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over
92,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly
17,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is
accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves
mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's
degrees online and onsite at over 30 locations across the state of
New York and abroad.
Empire State College is committed to creating a multi-cultural
and inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status. We are pleased to offer our employees a generous
compensation and benefits package.
SUNY Empire State College seeks applications for a Digital
Learning Environments Assistant in the Office of Information and
Technology Services. The Digital Learning Environments
Assistant (State Title: Instructional Support Associate)
will provide technical services and support to the primary
administrators of the Learning Management System. The
selected incumbent will monitor, diagnose and provide solutions to
technical issues related to the DLE. Additionally, the
incumbent will also assist with the administration of systems such
as the Training LMS and other 3rd party learning tools integrated
with the colleges Brightspace LMS.
- Support, develop, implement, deliver, and maintain content,
assets, and other resources used for digital learning
- Work with instructional designers, faculty, staff, students, to
troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to accessing the
LMS and course content.
- Participate, and/or act as a representative for Digital
Learning environment in internal committees and/or work
- Write and maintain technical procedures and documentation.
- Collaborate with team members to plan short- and long-term
projects and participate in implementing strategic
- Support and administer teaching and learning technologies such
as LMS365, Turnitin, Ally, etc..
- Work on special projects as deemed relevant and be available as
needed for technical and other support during critical
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience working with a wide variety of
instructional technology tools and platforms.
- Proficiency in a variety of instructional technologies,
including learning management systems, project management tools,
and technology support tools used in higher education.
- Strong communication and interaction skills to assess user
needs and provide appropriate support.
- Effective presentation skills in communicating technical
information to non-technical personnel.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to organize, categorize, and prioritize workload
effectively and efficiently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to foster cooperative relationships with a diverse
academic community, including instructional designers and
- Master's degree in technology, digital media, or instructional
technology/design, or a related academic field.
- Knowledge of project management, adult learning, instructional
design methodology, technology-mediated learning, and learning
- Understanding of universal design, accessibility and assistive
technologies in higher education.
- Temporary 1-year position.
- The location of this position is open to any ESC regional
- Occasional travel may be required.
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation
and benefits package. We also offer professional-development
activities for professionals and support staff, as well as
faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of
disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of
teaching and learning, and leadership development.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE
ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH
THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME
STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100,
ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY
WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted
until positions are filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please
submit the following documents, which are required for
consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
FAQ for using our online system. Please contact
us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to
login to your Empire State College Employment Account to
check your completed application or to update your account.