Performs advanced and diversified secretarial and administrative
duties for the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs Office at Conrad
N. Hilton College. May supervise or lead the work of secretaries
and/or other clerical office support personnel.
- Maintains calendar of supervisor by scheduling committee
meeting and appointments involving university administrators,
faculty staff and outside administrators.
- Screens incoming calls/mail and, as appropriate, provides
requested information, takes messages, or redirects inquiries to
the appropriate staff member or office.
- Composes correspondence for supervisor's signature from both
written and oral instructions; types and edits correspondence into
final form; proofreads and makes corrections as necessary.
- Coordinates travel arrangements by making necessary
reservations for transportation and hotel accomodations; prepares
all related travel documents.
- May monitor and maintain monthly expenses for the office;
reconciles expenses charged to each account.
- Coordinates the office's filing system, ordering of supplies
and work assignments of office clerical personnel.
- Takes minutes at meetings and transcribes same.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 5 years experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly
- Department is willing to do education in lieu of
- May Be Eligible for Alternative Workplace Arrangements
Established in 1969 by one of the most iconic names in the
hospitality industry, Conrad N. Hilton, Hilton College is a world
leader in hospitality education. The Conrad. N Hilton College
includes our upscale teaching hotel, the Hilton University of
Houston hotel which is undergoing an expansion to include a new
five-story, 70-room guest tower that will increase the total number
of guest rooms to 150. This project also includes a two-phase
renovation of the existing 80 guest rooms in the eight-story North
Tower. Construction of the new tower began in July 2021 and is
anticipated to be completed by February 2023.