Form and Workflow Automation Designer
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of Advanced Technologies at Auburn University at
Montgomery ( AUM ) is accepting applications for a full time Form
and Workflow Automation Designer. The candidate selected for this
position will be responsible for designing and supporting workflows
for forms, contracts, MOAs, Memorandums, etc. using existing ALSDE
platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Power Automate,
Microsoft Power Apps, Perfect Forms, DocuSign, and others.
Other tasks as assigned by the ALSDE Project Sponsor and ALSDE
AUM shall provide Automated Workflow Design and Support as follows:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Support and Design Services for existing ALSDE workflow
- Development of new automated workflows integrated across ALSDE
- Any other closely related professional services typically
associated with automated workflow, form design, integrations, and
process improvement, including but not limited to activities such
- Writing and editing content
- Designing form layout
- Determining technical requirements
- Updating workflows
- Creating back up files
- Solving code problems
- Preparation of documentation
- Preparation and conduct of technical presentations
- End-user interface
- Other problem-solving tasks
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge,
skills and abilities:
- AUM resources provided shall possess, at a minimum, the
associated skill set and experience as defined by the ALSDE Project
Sponsor and/or the ALSDE Project Manager:
- Knowledge of current developments in form design, workflow
automation, API setup, and software integrations.
- Knowledge of standalone and client/server applications in
- Knowledge of Microsoft development systems, i.e., SQL, Visual
Basic, VB Scripts, HTML, SQL Server, Transact- SQL, MS Power
Automate other software tools such as Perfect Forms, DocuSign.
- Intermediate proficiency in HTML for output structure, i.e.,
email, web display and JSON for integrations
- Documented experience in form and workflow design.
- Documented experience in application integration
- Knowledge of content management
- Problem analysis skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to respond to multiple competing demands.
- Ability to apply relevant software & hardware tools.
- Ability to continuously learn and keep abreast of technological
- Ability to manage project activities.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to interact professionally with a diverse group,
executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Proficiency with MS Office (including Excel, Access, Teams,
- Ability to work independently and not rely on State or other
team members for direction.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Job Open Date:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field or
- MOS Certification or
- 2 or more years documented work experience in the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience with MS Office Applications, HTML, JSON, API
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once
interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
About the University/College Located in Alabama’s vibrant state
capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing
university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The
Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the
Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us
No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of
undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage
applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and
security of our campus community is a top priority.
Position Profile Link
Optional Documents Posting Specific Questions
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).