Finance & Administration
The Facilities Department
at St. Catherine
University invites applications for a full-time
Our Custodians provide a clean, healthy, and attractive environment
for our college students, faculty, staffs, and guests. In addition,
our team assists in reporting maintenance and safety concerns as
they are noticed. Custodians who work 2nd and 3rd shift receive a
shift differential. Responsibilities include:
- Work independently and as a member of a team to carry out work
assignments in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with team members to create positive working
relationships with co-workers.
- Represent the Custodial team as helpful and respectful while
creating positive relationships with students, faculty and
- Taking care of assigned area daily following specific
schedules, remaining flexible to the needs of the college and
filling in for absent staff and assisting others when needed.
- Communicating with Lead on the days activities and any special
needs to be completed.
- Performing general and detail cleaning of offices, classrooms,
dorm rooms, restrooms & showers, common areas, lounges,
kitchens, sports facilities, etc.
- Removing trash and recycling.
- Dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and sweeping all types of hard
floors, flooring, stairs, and all fixtures and removing spots and
stains from carpet as needed.
- Dusting, damp wiping and vacuuming furniture as needed and
dusting and washing all types of surfaces.
- Cleaning restrooms and showers including all surfaces, walls,
ceilings, lights, floors, and fixtures.
- Washing window and door glass using both spray bottle and
- Replacing burnt light bulbs and washing light fixtures.
- Removing snow and ice on a seasonal basis.
- Reporting all problems or repairs to the supervisor, or
submitting work orders
Employees at St. Kate's feel a deep connection to the University's
Mission and Vision, and they live their values at work. Benefits
available to full-time employees include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan access
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free Tuition (tuition remission) at St. Kate's for employees
and their families after one year of
- Six weeks of paid parental leave after one year of service
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a
comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's
largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs
for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional
education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry
and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St.
Catherine enrolls students
certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral
programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online
- Six (6) months of cleaning experience.
- Reading ability to read and understand product information
labels, safety data sheets, and written instructions.
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a daily to weekly basis.
- Able to work from a six foot step ladder.
- Two (2) years institutional cleaning experience.
- Able to use all types of custodial equipment needed in your
area to complete the work properly and efficiently depending on the
needs of the area such as: vacuum cleaners, back pack vacuums, auto
scrubbers, pressure washers, shower cleaning systems, extension
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university
climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural
understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the
university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice,
preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in
their experience and service.
Posting Start Date:
To apply, visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/7250
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our
commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters
of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without
distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that
is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of
religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or
disability groups that have traditionally had less representation
in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an
interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or