Lead Computer Systems Analyst - Multimedia and Academic
IT - McGlynn Computer Ctr
St. Catherine University
team invites applications
for a Lead Computer Systems Analyst
and Academic Systems.
This position manages multimedia and will play a key role in
helping to implement changes to the way we use media. The work is
fun and techie and constantly changing! This individual manages, as
the Primary Administrator, key systems that provide both
synchronous and asynchronous multimedia components (e.g., lecture
capture, video storage and delivery). This role functions as the
technical engineer and architect for these products and works with
consultants and vendors on managing and maintaining these systems
to establish reliability and security optimization.
Consult with community members in the design and production of
video/media resources- including determination of the durability
and the quality levels required
Guide participants in video planning (scope) and production of
Create graphic overlays and other graphical elements for
insertion within the video
Maintain the software and equipment in the Video Suite and
Recording Studio, including computer, external drives, cameras,
lighting, and teleprompter.
Maintain and archive video resources as needed
Participate in professional development activities that
increase personal knowledge and skills in the areas of
instructional design and academic technology for higher
- Manage the multimedia product lifecycle, from requirement
gathering, budgeting, RFP's, implementation, usage metrics,
maintenance and decommissioning.
- Provide tier three (3) support for Multimedia systems,
including training materials.
- Coordinate systems functionality within a range of campus
classroom and meeting room configurations in collaboration with
other campus departments.
- As an experienced video producer and editor, advise and empower
faculty and staff to self-produce professional video
- Set up and maintain the organizational information, structure,
permissions, and asset (recording) management within the system to
meet the needs of St. Catherine University. To include:
- Oversee the integration of current authentication protocol(s)
within the system.
- Monitor periodic system updates and upgrades.
- Manage the integration of the system within the University's
course management system(s).
- Comprehend and communicate new features & functionality to
I.T. staff and ultimately end users.
- Troubleshoot issues with the system, including submitting
support tickets and/or contact the vendor as needed. Monitor
progress toward resolution.
- Track usage.
- Manage the video archive within University data storage
- Recommend and implement (with leadership approval) new
multimedia technologies and consolidate existing tools as
Systems used include but are not limited to: Lecture Capture/
Recording tool like Panopto, etc., video database like Kaltura,
campus video website, MediaSpace, meeting technology including
Zoom, Google Meet, etc. and video storage drive archive.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive
Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest
colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all
genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in
1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional
education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry
and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St.
Catherine enrolls students
certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral
programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online
Video editing experience: Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro, or
Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas or equivalent;
Familiarity with iMovie and QuickTime Pro
- Experience leading face-to-face training sessions and producing
- Software skills:
- Meeting Software: Administration of Zoom, Google Meet and/or
other meeting software
- Productivity software: Microsoft Office Suite
Experience successfully researching, troubleshooting and
solving technology issues and coordinating problem-solving efforts
across work groups.
Experience with both MAC and PC platforms
Experience successfully collaborating with peers , customers
and stakeholders, building relationships of trust and respect.
Experience managing projects for on-time delivery with accuracy
- Audio editing: Audacity, Garage Band, or equivalent
- Image creation: Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Pro, and Adobe
Illustrator or equivalent
- Experience patiently training non-technical people to use
- Degree and formal training in media, film production,
multi-media design, communication, audio-visual systems or a
- Experience with the administration, operation, installation,
configuration and maintenance of lecture capture or similar video
systems such as Tegrity®, Panopto®, or echo360® and/or video
- Experience with video captioning processes and captioning
management for an organization.
- Awareness of accessibility needs within educational
- Familiarity with copyright regulations within educational
- Knowledge of basic instructional theory and experience creating
digital instructional materials
- Experience in higher education or educational environments
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university
climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural
understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the
university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice,
preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in
their experience and service.
Posting Start Date:
To apply, visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/7238
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our
commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters
of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without
distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that
is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of
religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or
disability groups that have traditionally had less representation
in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an
interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or