The Distribution Center
at the University of Colorado
Boulder encourages applications for a Materials Handler
This position will provide logistics for packages, materials, and
mail for university faculty and staff, as part of a work unit
within the Distribution Center warehouse. Responsibilities include
campus delivery of mail, materials, and packages in coordination
with outside companies, assembly and packaging of materials for
shipment, delivery of campus materials, including delivery of
library media; and making parts deliveries for Facilities
Management (FM) Stores.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Distribution Center
(DC) provides the university with
procurement, disposal, and logistic services, as well as processing
and distribution of written communications, to enable the campus to
pursue its mission of excellence in education, research, and
community service. The DC has a history of instituting initiatives
and standard methodologies that take into consideration
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Deliver materials and packages on campus in coordination with
outside companies including Staples, FedEx, and UPS.
- Assemble, package, and ship materials for campus departments.
Inventory customer materials for packaging.
- Perform inter and intra-campus delivery of equipment and
- Make intra-campus pick-ups and deliveries of media for campus
- Carry out the delivery of parts from FM Stores to campus
work-site locations and Trades shops.
- Ensure adherence to all USPS regulations and work unit
- Accurately meter mail and record billing and recharge
information in Pitney Bowes meter accounting system as
- Perform the daily receipt, sortation, and delivery of
intercampus and USPS mail as advised by distribution lead worker or
Maintenance Shop Duties
- Promote harmonious collaborations with university departments
through accurate processing of deliveries and through personal and
courteous contact when assisting customers.
- Assist the university community with delivery-related
What You Should Know
- Clean and sweep, deliver vehicles to maintenance shop, wash
vehicles, assist with deliveries for other DC work units, fill in
for front office receptionist duties, and work with the Computer
Screening work unit.
- Provide safety oversight and hazard analysis for all onsite
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- This is a full-time, in person position.
- This positions work schedule is expected to be Monday - Friday
from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
- This position is eligible for our Facilities Management
Employee Referral Program .
- The salary for this position is $34,368 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be active. Be respectful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- One year of experience which includes warehousing, handling,
shipping, receiving, storing, inventory, and/or distribution of
goods. Appropriate education will substitute for the required
experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to safely lift and carry items weighing up to 70 lbs
with or without an accommodation.
- Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Must be a Colorado resident to apply.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Basic computer and handheld electronic device knowledge.
- Knowledge of the Boulder campus.
- The ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous customer service experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- Optional: A cover letter that specifically tells us
how your background and experience align with the requirements,
qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 29, 2022
Application materials will not be accepted via
email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: