Arizona State University
Research Advancement Services
The Global Futures Research Development Office supports faculty and staff from various colleges, schools, and departments in their efforts to build competitive future-focused research. These activities will focus on capacity building, strategic thinking and fostering collaboration.
Seeking a responsible candidate with a positive attitude and exemplary integrity to provide project support to the Global Futures Laboratory Research Development Office (RDO).
The Project Coordinator reports directly to the Assistant Director of the Research Development Office, has meaningful exposure to many aspects of the team services, and must be able to routinely interact with individuals at all levels of ASU Global Futures Laboratory, the University, and external partners. The position provides professional and administrative support, requires broad and comprehensive experience, knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, and an interest in venture investments. The right person for this role will demonstrate the ability to take initiative, use sound judgment by taking appropriate actions and consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet the current needs of the team.
$44,950 - $62,000 per year; DOE
- Proactively identify needs, analyze problems and make recommendations for efficient operations of the Global Futures Research Development team
- Research, summarize and analyze information; compile quantitative and qualitative data in reports
- Data input of information into data management/CRM systems (Smartsheets, Salesforce, Workday)
- Assist with scheduling for assigned staff, regularly prioritizing and arranging meetings, conferences and appointments
- Communicate arrangements to appropriate individuals and prepare background materials that can be shared with external audiences
- Responsible for ASU Workday ordering, prepare business office request forms, track expenses, costs, pcard checkouts, and other related duties
- Track and update software resources, inventory, annual renewals dates, trainings, and conferences, etc.
- Compose all manners of correspondence as necessary and on own initiative
- Independently research and create summary documents and reports in pursuit of generating solutions for the team
- Exercise good judgment and professional demeanor when communicating with external and internal constituents
- Coordinate with other support staff to ensure efficiencies
- Submit expense reports, monitor and reconcile annual operating budget and reconcile monthly department credit card statements
- Other duties as assigned and ad hoc project management
Bachelor's degree and 2 years related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Equivalent of 4 years experience in project management and/or administrative work.
- Evidence of a Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
- This position may require some early mornings and evenings to accommodate meetings and events.
- This position currently requires you to work from the office Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with Monday and Friday optional remote days.
ASU follows federal guidance which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances in which an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
For the fifth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all five years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. http://research.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 82773BR