Finance & Administration
The Facilities Department
at St. Catherine
University invites applications for a full-time
Our Custodians provide a clean, healthy, and attractive environment
for our students, faculty, staffs, and guests. In addition, our
team assists in reporting maintenance and safety concerns as they
are noticed. The Lead Custodian
facilities leadership to provide coaching and guidance to the
custodial staff, fostering great relationships so the team can
achieve our goals. Responsibilities include:
Perform minor repairs and maintenance on custodial equipment
and transport equipment.
Report all problems and concerns to the supervisor/manager, or
ServiceNow work order system.
May have an on-call requirement for urgent cleaning needs.
Carry a phone while working and on-call and keep management
informed of current personal phone number.
Adjust work hours/days and perform overtime as required to meet
urgent or important university needs.
- Train team members in efficient team cleaning procedures and
proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Review custodian performance quality, recording work
- Check in with supervisor/manager to see what the assignments
are for the day.
- Good attendance and punctuality are required to act as an
example and leader for the department.
- Work collaboratively with management, staff, and campus
community in general, creating and fostering great working
- Project a positive image for both the custodial department and
the university, working independently and as a member of a team to
carry out work assignments in a timely manner.
- Assist with maintenance of daily logs, project logs, and
inventory control and report maintenance and safety concerns as
- Assist management as needed in overseeing the completion of the
daily custodial work and coordination of special projects like
furniture moving, event set-ups and event cleaning.
- May perform job responsibilities of a general custodian, acting
as relief for open positions or absent staff. Some of those
responsibilities may include:
- Cleaning offices, classrooms, dorm rooms, restrooms/showers,
common areas, lounges, dining rooms, kitchens, sports facilities,
etc. as well as carpet cleaning, and hard floor care.
- Trash and recycle removal, including collection from other
areas and bringing to dumpsters in various locations and making
sure all trash areas are in order.
- Report when necessary the need to have dumpsters and compactors
emptied and serviced.
- Wash windows and door glass using both spray bottle and strip
- Remove snow and ice on a seasonal basis.
Employees at St. Kate's feel a connection to the University's
Mission and Vision, and they live their values at work. Benefits
available to full-time employees include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan access
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free Tuition for employees and their families after one year of
- Six weeks of paid parental leave after one year of service
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a
comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's
largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs
for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional
education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry
and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St.
Catherine enrolls students
certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral
programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of cleaning experience
- Current and valid driver’s license with an approved motor
vehicle record check
- Must pass an internal driver’s test and on-campus driving
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of hard floor care
maintenance, carpet cleaning techniques, machines and chemicals
- Physical requirements: ability to lift/carry up to 75lbs, carry
and work from a 12’ stepladder or lift.
- Three (3) years of institutional cleaning experience.
- Experience training other custodial team members on project
- Experience reading and understanding product information
labels, safety data sheets, work orders and written
- Experience using an online work request system.
- Experience providing work direction to new colleagues.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university
climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural
understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the
university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice,
preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in
their experience and service.
Posting Start Date:
To apply, visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/7248
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our
commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters
of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without
distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that
is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of
religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or
disability groups that have traditionally had less representation
in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an
interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or