OPS Clinical Research Coordinator
Recruitment, data collection, and follow-up:
This position will be responsible for recruitment, data collection
and participant follow-up for the Study.
• Ensure proper collection of data and storage of data in
Implementing good clinical practice (GCP) and Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and follows the
University of Florida policies and procedures as they apply to
assigned areas of responsibility
• Respond to potential participant inquiries using telephone,
email, or in-person discussions
• Schedule participant appointments, which could involve attempts
to contact persons to enroll and follow-up study visits.
Conduct participant telephonic interviews to collect patient
Assist with timely collection of clinical data, documentation, and
other study measurements
• Assist with transport and storage of bio specimens
Coordinate day-to-day research activities at the University of
Florida and assist with collaborative project activities with
Moffitt Cancer Center and Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer
Center. These activities may include planning and coordination of
weekly research team calls, ensuring recruitment staff are assigned
to research sites, recruitment as necessary and monitoring to
ensure the study protocol is being followed.
• Ensure that data is collected and stored according to the study
protocol and consistent with local, state and federal regulations.
Retain records/archive documents after project close-out
• Assist and support the principal investigator in written and oral
communications with granting agencies, faculty, staff, and
• Oversee procurement and maintenance of supplies (e.g.
surveys/tests), laboratory supplies, that are needed to conduct
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and sponsor policies
• Assist with IRB protocol submission, revisions, and
• Train research staff in Gainesville and other locations to
conduct study procedures
• Perform additional related duties as required or deemed
appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and
functions of his/her area
• Manage data entry process and ensure data entry is completed in a
timely manner across all sites
Support other research activity within the
• Preparation of papers, posters and manuscripts for possible
publications and presentations
• Facilitate collaboration with new investigators and students from
a variety of disciplines
• Help create effective promotional materials for the project
• Assist with tracking and follow-up of participants
$18.20 - $21.55 per hour
Associate’s degree or an allied health professional degree in an
appropriate area and one year of relevant experience; or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience with human subject research, which may include
recruitment of participants into research studies, obtaining
informed consent, collection of research data, and/or working with
• Previous experience with participant recruitment and community
outreach and development.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must be a good communicator verbally and in writing, and be able
to work effectively with a range of faculty, staff, trainees, and
members of the community.
• Work with human subjects research preferred.
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Knowledge of grant proposals, post award management and IRB
• Master of Public Health degree.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We are seeking a candidate that can work a minimum of 20 hours per
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with
respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic
information and veteran status in all aspects of employment
including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline,
terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and
This is a time limited position.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: