As an Administrative Assistant 1 you will be responsible for
administrative and clerical support to the EHS team. You will be
reporting directly to the Environment, Health & Safety
Specific tasks may include:
Outstanding Benefits Package
- Coordinate information flow by acting as a departmental
- Answer phones, respond to EH&S inquiries and direct callers
to the appropriate technical resource.
- Prepare agendas for committees to which the EH&S Director
- Provide confidential and sensitive support on issues related to
university incidents and security of hazardous materials.
- Interact and communicate with a wide variety of campus
personnel and officials from regulatory agencies.
- Create and maintain databases related to EH&S trend
tracking and goals.
- Take effective minutes at technical and business committee
- Complete general human resource and purchasing duties using
multiple university systems (Concur, eptf, Shop Blue etc.)
- Utilize desktop publishing software (Microsoft Excel, Word, and
PowerPoint) to produce outgoing and interdepartmental memos,
letters, reports, databases, charts, graphs and other
- Provide support for internal training programs
- Manage recruitment activities
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There
are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement
plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy
mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to
support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our
to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s
leading public research universities and a flagship of the State
University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and
our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university
dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity
and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home,
UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful
thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others
every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You must have one year of
permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Administrative
Assistant 1, SG-11, or Secretary 1.
You must be a former state
employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or
Administrative Assistant Trainee 1 Transfer Eligibility
You must have a current permanent appointment with
a minimum of 1 year of service in a position of the same title or
transferable title (SG-6 or above).
Administrative Assistant Trainee 2 Transfer Eligibility
You must have successfully completed the 52 weeks
of service as an Administrative Assistant Trainee 1 and
successfully completed the four core administrative support
Administrative Assistant 1 Transfer Eligibility Requirement:
You must have either one year of service in a clerical title (SG-9
or above) or completion of a two-year traineeship and successfully
completed the four core administrative support courses and the four
elective administrative support courses, as designated by the
Candidates who are not transferring
from a keyboarding title must possess adequate keyboarding skills
(i.e., the ability to type 30 words per minute with at least 96%
accuracy) as demonstrated by passing the Keyboarding Performance
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS
. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE
ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE
A completed application is required for this position. If you
receive a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY for this position. You must
apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter.
The preferred candidate will possess a proactive outlook and be
self-motivated; fluent in Microsoft Office Suite products
(including, Word, Excel, Power Point and database applications) as
well as university business systems; effective in a team
environment; strong oral and written communication.
The preferred candidate will also possess the following:
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with
people at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of administrative practices, procedures and proper
grammar usage, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Outlook for
- Anticipate workload/projects and respond proactively
- Ability to use computerized databases in a variety of
- Discrete and respects confidentiality
- Able to advance numerous projects simultaneously
- Anticipates workload/projects and responds proactively
- Detail orientated
- Communicates clearly and professionally
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.