Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach
- Earlham College
- Indiana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 15, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education, Administrative, Student Affairs, Athletics
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Mens Lacrosse Coach in the Department of Athletics. This is a full-time, 11-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package. The Assistant Mens Lacrosse Coach reports to the Head Mens Lacrosse Coach. The Assistant Mens Lacrosse Coach will be responsible for supporting the efforts of the mens lacrosse program and working to assist the Head Coach in performing all duties in compliance with all NCAA, Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference and Earlham College rules and regulations.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Meet annual recruitment goals established by the Director of Athletics and Head Coach.
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist the head coaches in planning and executing prospective student-athlete visits to campus and with off-campus contacts with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist head coach in generating and responding to prospective student-athlete contacts generated throughout the year. These include coaches mailings, attendance at tournaments and showcases, observing team camps, recruiting services, and admissions contacts.
- Establish and maintain recruiting database for recruiting utilizing the software program designated by the Department of Athletics.
- Utilize a variety of communication platforms to recruit prospective student-athletes (e.g., phone calls; texts; social media; emails; etc.).
- Attend practices and/or games of recruits on a regular basis.
- Assist in summer recruiting efforts by attending showcases and other recruitment opportunities as designated by the Head Coach.
- Serve as video coordinator.
- Assist the head coach in serving as the travel coordinator by arranging bus and van schedules, airline travel, pre- and post-game meals and overnight accommodations.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring academic progress of student-athletes and coordinate study tables.
- Be a presence in the office and available to assist player needs.
- Engage and maintain contact with the Sports Marketing and Communication Office and respond to requests as needed.
- Assist head coach with daily practice plan.
- Assist with all practice and game day set up.
- Teach breakdown drills providing individual player attention and more repetitions per player.
- Assist in planning and oversight of strength and conditioning sessions and individual workouts in season.
- Assist in designing off-season workouts for player improvement.
- Assist head coach in game plan and scouting of future opponents.
- Assist with game decisions (i.e., timeouts, substitutions, strategy, addressing individual player concerns) as needed at contests.
- Responsible for all game day and practice video operations.
- Perform post-game duties including, but not limited to, arranging team meal(s), securing statistics, video exchange, and communicating with the Sports Marketing and Communication Office.
- Help distribute, collect and inventory player gear and equipment.
- Assist with all program fundraisers and alumni outreach.
- Assist with appropriate program marketing, including social media accounts.
- Be knowledgeable and able to assume head coaching responsibilities in case the head coach is unable to perform his or her duties.
- Attain van certification through Earlhams Public Safety Office to assist with van transportation of student-athletes.
- Be an active member of the athletics department staff by attending staff meetings and other department-scheduled activities.
- Be responsive and timely with all requests from departmental support staff (administrative leadership; athletic trainer(s); etc.).
- Assist in game management duties for other sport programs. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- A bachelors degree is required.
- Previous collegiate playing and/or coaching experience and/or success as a head coach at the high school level.
- The ability to demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA Division III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college.
- A current and valid drivers license is required.
All Department of Athletics employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Conference and College rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Violation of NCAA and other College or Conference regulations shall be subject to possible disciplinary action.
Please submit the following through our Earlham Careers Portal :
- a letter of interest
- contact information for three references
Earlham College requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or apply for and receive a qualified exemption within two weeks of the employment start date.
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.
Earlhams Work Authorization Policy
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker identity, the College also solicits applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert