Analyzes, develops and modifies complex application programs
utilizing non-core technologies; manages application projects as
assigned. May provide support to enterprise systems.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, modifies and troubleshoots
non-core technology application programs and ad-hoc programs.
- Analyzes complex application processes and integrated computer
systems and their underlying data structures; identifies and
- Defines, analyzes and documents business processes, practices
- Guides and assists users in testing business processes;
defines, conducts and monitors system test procedures.
- Manages projects involving two or more programmers; provides
technical assistance and training to junior-level staff.
- Documents tables, data structures, run streams, and programs
according to generally accepted practices.
- Develops technical documents pertaining to system design and
programming requirements; develops user manuals.
- Assists with the development and enforcement of shop standards,
policies and procedures.
- Learns new technologies and techniques.Performs other
job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
-Department is willing to do education in lieu of experience.
-Department is willing to do experience in lieu of education.
Notes to Applicant:
Position is grant funded.