Center for Leadership, Engagement, and Service
Director of Leadership, Engagement, and
Part-Time, Seasonal, Hourly
Ensures the health, safety and welfare of Agnes Scott students,
faculty, staff and volunteers during bus transportation to and from
the Agnes Scott campus within the guidelines of federal, state, and
local laws, and policies of the office and college. This person
reports to the Director of Leadership, Engagement, and Service or
other designated personnel and works with other college employees,
which includes public safety, students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as driver for the Scottie Shuttle.
- Performs daily safety and maintenance checks to the bus.
- Ensures cleanliness of the bus.
- Works closely with the Director of Leadership, Engagement, and
Service to ensure the bus is safely and securely stored in the
- Coordinates all routine maintenance and repairs to the shuttle
- Ensures the shuttle schedule for all drop off and pick up.
- Maintains strong communication with public safety &
supervisor, which may include schedule changes, or mechanical
- Helps assess the transportation needs of the students.
- Ensures students are aware of rules and responsibilities as
- Maintains order and discipline on the shuttle and reports any
issues to the Director of Leadership, Engagement, and Service.
- Reports any behavioral or disciplinary problems to the Director
of Leadership, Engagement, and Service.
- Possess a valid Class B or A Georgia driver's license as well
as a commercial driver's license (CDL with passenger
High School diploma, trade school, or equivalent
level of education.
Minimum of 6 months work experience in operating
machinery which requires a CDL.
- Considerable knowledge of state, local, and county traffic laws
and regulations; and college and office policies and
- Demonstrated ability to drive a 25 passenger vehicle.
- Knowledgeable of the Atlanta area and destinations that can
accommodate a bus.
- Good communication and excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Possess a clean driving record.
- Irregular work hours and on-call hours are required.
Prolonged sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, moving
of light objects, and operating a vehicle that require a high
degree of manual dexterity. Work is performed in a 25 passenger
shuttle bus on public streets with exposure to traffic, noise,
diseases, chemicals, inclement weather, and may require use of
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position.
Please apply online. Position is posted until filled. Due to the
overwhelming response to the college's staff openings we are unable
to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
veteran status, disability or genetic information, gender identity
and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law
in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to
diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to
Health & Safety Measures
All persons hired by Agnes Scott College must submit proof of
COVID-19 vaccination prior to starting employment unless they have
been granted an exemption based upon a medical or religious