Associate Director of Financial Aid
Enrollment - Admissions & Financial
The Associate Director of Financial Aid serves a professional staff
position for the Office of Financial Aid in the areas of award
determination and packaging, financial aid counseling, and the
coordination of University, federal and state financial aid
All Financial Aid team members are expected to contribute to
Bucknell's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
1. Counsels students and parents
regarding financial aid awarding/packaging, verification, need
analysis and financial aid options to assist with educational
2. Evaluates first year and returning student financial aid
applications and determines financial aid eligibility.
3. Maintains a working knowledge of the federal electronic
processing systems and Ellucian's Banner System.
4. Works closely with the Office of Global Education in developing
cost estimates for students studying abroad.
5. Develops students' money management skills by assisting students
with financial planning.
6. Works closely with the Office of Communications for website
enhancements, pod-cast series, and social media posts.
7. Packages loans for graduate students who apply for federal
8. Serves as the primary contact for first-year Posse and
9. Maintains a high level of cooperation with other campus offices
such as Bursar Services, Admissions, Registrar, Academic Deans,
Graduate Studies, International Education, Athletics, etc.
10. Monitors and answer emails from the Office of Financial Aid
11. Actively participates in public seminars regarding financial
aid, such as Bucknell Open Houses, Financial Aid workshops, high
school nights, and professional conferences and workshops.
12. Maintains a superior level of expertise regarding University,
federal and state aid programs as well as professional developments
in the field of financial aid.
13. Assists and advises the Director of Financial Aid in the
overall operation of the office and the overall administration of
the financial aid programs.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial
- Bachelor's degree
- At least three to five years of experience in financial aid
administration or comparable experience as it relates to the duties
of the position
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as
the demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple assignments
- Solid written and verbal communication skills as well as strong
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to e-mail
correspondence, word-processing, and the ability to learn new
- Ability to work independently
- Banner skills and experience (or similar higher
education/financial aid student information system)
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt, benefits eligible
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497138/associate-director-of-financial-aid