University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which
encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women,
Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice
of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Communications & Public Relations, Full
PAY GRADE: 29E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the general direction of the Digital Communications
Specialist and in close alignment with the Office of Communications
and Marketing (OCM), the Digital Content Specialist provides
digital design and web communication expertise for the Division of
Student life. A major emphasis is on carrying out the digital
strategy of the Division with specific focus on website updates and
implementation and maintenance of accessibility standards in the
digital space. The Digital Content Specialist assists the broader
communications and marketing aspects, such as assisting with the
collection of user experience feedback and coordination of data
sets to ensure accuracy of target audiences.
Digital & Web Maintenance
User Experience & Data Collection
- Creates, updates, and revises websites across the Division of
- Updates web content based on divisional and stakeholder
- Assists with the execution of the digital design and web
- Implements accessibility recommendations to ensure compliance
with ADA and University standards.
- Executes web changes and updates to meet University brand
- Assists with maintenance of the database of divisional
platforms to streamline processes, prevent duplication of
functionality, and recommend operational efficiencies.
- Updates data within technology platforms to ensure consistency,
accuracy, and appropriateness of audience information and security
of stored data.
- Assists Digital Communications Specialist with planning for
collection of target audience user experience feedback on regular
- Assists with collection of data related to user experience
- Supports the work and mission of the Division of Student Life
through committees, task forces, and special assignments
- Assists with project management and communication with relevant
stakeholders within assigned portfolio(s) around communication and
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
- Bachelor's degree in Art and Design, Visual Communications,
Graphic Design, Multimedia or related field and a minimum of three
years of job-related experience.
- Proficiency in the basic design tools, including mastery of
Adobe Creative Suite. Deep understanding of emerging design trends
and technology platforms that support digital marketing and user
experiences, as well as creating print marketing.
- Ability to think conceptually and articulate ideas well,
develop ideas on a given topic or situation, and develop creative
ways to solve a problem.
- Comprehension of brand architecture, brand identity, and brand
positioning as it informs creative work.
- Excellent project management skills. Demonstrated ability to
execute and distribute projects as part of a predefined marketing
plan and communications strategy to a creative team and oversee
those projects completion.
- Outstanding oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal
- Strong understanding of design principles and multimedia
skills, including mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud software. Skills
in both photography and videography as well as editing abilities
preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft or Apple Office tools and
database experience required.
- Proven ability to work equally well independently and with
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with organizational
skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing
needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities,
cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where
diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment,
educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and
scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the
Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act
of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and
University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits
unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual