Facility Maintenance Technician - Mechanical Trades
North Carolina Central University
Closing Date: 8/18/2022 at 11:55 PM
Primary Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform electrical
trades including but not limited to Electrical and Welding.
Positions apply methods and general procedures of applicable
electrical trades/maintenance techniques and develop skills in
procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment
appropriate to trade. Tasks may include maintenance, repair,
placement, fabrication, installation, alteration, construction and
design of facility components requiring the application of skills
in planning, problem-solving, attention to detail, teamwork,
communication and adherence to safety. Position may be required to
possess and maintain required certification, licensure, educational
level, and/or experience criteria as applicable to the tasks being
performed and follow applicable building codes.
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of
the competencies necessary to perform the work. Some positions may
require special licenses or certification(s). Optional Guidelines:
Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the area of assignment
may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Locksmith Positions: North Carolina Locksmith Licensing
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Must be knowledgeable of the National Electrical Code and state
and local electrical regulations.
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex work projects from
oral instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
- Ability to plan and layout work from rough sketches and oral
- Must possess the skills to use a variety of electrical metering
devices and tools.
- Knowledge and skills in planning, supervising the work of
- Knowledge of Banner or an equivalent system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft word and
- Ability to monitor budget and expenditures
- Ability to work independently with little or no
- Possess the initiative to see projects and assignments through
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in problem
- Must be available for weekends as needed to support university
activities, i.e. commencement, convocations, games, etc.
For employment/re-employment priority, this vacancy is treated as
Pay Plan Conversion GN08.
This is re-advertisement. Previous applicants will be considered
and need not reapply.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or status as a protected veteran.