The Department of Radio, Television & Film is beginning its
search for a full-time temporary faculty position for the Fall 2022
– Spring 2023 Academic Year. Candidates must be prepared to teach
classes in media industries, film/television analysis, and film and
television history. Successful candidates will teach four sections
per term. Some level of service to the department is also required.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
- Three years of experience (preferable) teaching at the college
- A Masters degree in media studies or a closely related field is
required for appointment (PhD is preferred).
- Candidates are sought to teach courses in various areas of
television and film such as media industries, film/television
analysis, and film and television history.
Please submit the following materials:
- A 1-2 page cover letter/statement addressing your teaching
philosophy and practices and how they align with the department.
This statement should incorporate:
- Your teaching philosophy
- A description of how you apply this philosophy through specific
examples of teaching practices (such as course/assignment design,
assigned readings, class activities, and/or response to student
- The classes you feel most equipped to teach
- CV or resume
- One set of student evaluations
Interested candidates should apply at: Jobs.rowan.edu
Questions about this search can be directed to Dr. Joseph Bierman,
Chair, Department of Radio, Television, & Film
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the
university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this