Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
Collection Development & Acquisitions Librarian
Kent Library / Acquisitions
The Collection Development & Acquisitions Librarian will lead
and manage the Acquisitions unit. The Librarian will supervise
professional and clerical/technical Acquisitions staff. This
Librarian is responsible for acquisition of new and continuing
online and physical resources. Financial responsibilities include
managing the library’s resources and contractual accounts. This
position shares responsibility for leadership of the library
management system. The Librarian communicates frequently with
academic department faculty; consortium, publishers, and vendors;
and university business offices.
- Lead and manage the Kent Library Acquisitions unit and its
- Hire, train and supervise Acquisitions professional and
- Share responsibility for the library’s Dewey to Library of
Congress reclassification project and coordinate the physical
collection review with academic department liaisons.
- Oversee the Acquisitions budget and fiscal reporting and the
purchase of new and continuing library resources.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with
consortiums, publishers, vendors and electronic service and
- Communicate effectively with university academic departments
- Guide library collection development and collection management
activities and chair the Collection Development & Management
- Direct eResources management across multiple internal and
- Share responsibility for the library management system’s
administration and serve on the leadership team.
- Serve as liaison librarian to academic departments.
- Head library collection assessment and ongoing review and
evaluation of all collections and formats.
- Provide excellent customer service and user interactions to
faculty, staff, students, publishers and vendors and their
representatives, and those donating materials to Kent Library.
- Engage in scholarly research and writing and pursue a
professional development program.
- Contribute to Kent Library committees, activities, and
outreach, and to the University through faculty governance and
service on committees.
- Support Southeast Missouri State University’s and Kent
Library’s strategic planning activities.
- ALA-accredited Masters degree
- Two years of experience as a professional librarian
- Minimum of one year in a supervisory, management or leadership
- Knowledge of library acquisitions, resources licensing and
- Strong service orientation and flexibility
- Demonstrated experience with project management
- Ability to effectively implement change
- Experience working with a library management system
- Knowledge, or awareness of, current trends in library
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Customer service experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a group
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment,
including working with multi-cultural populations and an
understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and
Information & Deadline:
The position is available January 4,
2022 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full
consideration, applications must be received by September 24,
Submit the following items online by clicking on
button at the top of the page:
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information of three professional
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are
required when offer of employment is accepted)
regarding Kent Library can be found at http://library.semo.edu/