Join our community and experience Emerson College!
As a member of the IT Enterprise Data and Solutions team, the
Integration Analyst provides application and integration support
for Finance, HCM, Payroll and other enterprise systems. The role is
responsible for the analysis, design, development, data mapping,
testing of new integrations and troubleshooting existing
integration issues. He/she collaborates with HR, finance, payroll,
academic departments, student teams and Campus Life to analyze
business processes, identify and document integration requirements,
and develop optimal integration solutions that meet the business
needs. Primary responsibilities in Workday support include:
download, organize and analyze Workday release notes, perform
release unit and integrated testing with business functions,
develop new Workday integrations or implement enhancement
solutions. Responsibilities of other enterprise systems support
include: data integrations among Banner, Workday, Salesforce, BI
and data repository, as well as integrations with other campus
systems or 3rd party solutions in cloud. The successful candidate
should possess strong Workday integration, report writing, API Web
Services development and data analytical skills. The job role is a
split of 70% of Workday support, and 30% of other enterprise system
integrations and data analytics. The successful candidate should
possess strong Workday integration skills with comprehensive
business functional knowledge, excellent communication and
interpersonal skills. The candidate is expected to participate in
future major Workday initiatives including but not limited to Prism
and Workday Student implementation.
- Provide support for systems and data related to integration,
response to tickets in a timely manner to and maintain
documentation of the resolution.
- Assist with the design, implementation and support of Workday
integrations for HCM, Finance, Benefit and Payroll.
- Maintain a repository in enterprise standard Data Cookbook for
integration technical specification documents and other workflow
documentation for new and existing integrations.
- Work with Workday Support Committee to conduct integration
release download, analysis and testing for Workday weekly and
bi-annual major releases, and implement the changes or new
adoptions within the defined time frame.
- Serve as the primary contact on integration files between
Workday and outside vendors that include enhancing, solving
existing issues with integrated systems, scheduling, and debugging
file transfer failures or data issues.
- Extract data using Workday RaaS, custom reports, Core
Connectors and advanced studio design for data
- Manage end-to-end testing with various vendors,
Workday-partners and internal functional owners
- Prioritize and organize tasks to achieve goals through creating
solid test plans, setting priorities for other team members and
functional users to meet Workday release test deadlines in a team
- Assist Project Managers to scope out projects and define
technical specs; work with functional users to gain shared
understandings of integration impact on business
- Develop and implement integration solutions ensuring accurate
and secured endpoint data flow that yields the most optimal
- With each major Workday release, collaborate with functional
users to define test criteria, perform unit and integrated system
testing to make sure new or existing business processes have no
negative impact on related integrations. Actively monitor and
support post go live performance.
- Provide API Web Services, endpoint or file based data
integrations that extracts and synchronizes the data flow between
one and other enterprise systems or with 3rd party
- Develop integrations focused on data quality, integrity and
- Develop integrations that ensure accurate end point data
delivery and data synchronizations among enterprise systems or 3rd
party solutions including but not limited to Banner, Workday,
Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, ID Card management, Housing or
- Follow IT Change Management practices.
- Act as SME on major Workday integration technologies such as
Workday Studio, EIB, Core Connector, XSLT, Workday Web Services
API, Cloud Connect, RaaS, BIRT, worksheet development and customer
- Demonstrate in-depth Workday Core Finance, HCM, Payroll,
Benefits, Compensation business analytical skills.
- Solid Workday HCM, Finance and Payroll integration SDLC
including design, development and testing based on a solid
understanding of the Workday Business Object Model
- Experience in building, maintaining and deploying web services
integrations, such as XML, XSLT, JSON, Studio and
- Experience with integration process scheduling, monitoring,
troubleshooting, relaunch and integration components
- Be able to identify and pull together the appropriate
individuals across teams, including functional users, and
leadership team for collaboration on issues or accomplishing new
- Ability to communicate effectively with functional users and
provide technical guidance to colleagues.
- Broad technical and functional knowledge on data
integrations/interfaces with various 3rd party vendors.
- Solid knowledge of Workday configuration, Business Process and
security framework. Assist with creating security auditing report
- Strong Oracle development skills and SQL query skills. Familiar
with College Student Information Systems and underlying data
- Strong API Web Services development skills, Tomcat web server
configuration and deployment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to pay
attention to details and is result driven.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and
tasks with strong organizational skills to deliver quality results
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; interact with
multiple disciplines at all levels of the organization.
- Workday Integration certification, reporting writer
certification and/or Workday Studio certification a Plus.
- 4+ years of progressively experience with Finance, HCM
Integrations, development and support.
- Report writing skills in various types.
- Prism, data modelling and data analytics skills.
- Proficiency in Web Services and technologies such as RESTful
API, SOAP, XML, XSLT, Studio design and Worksheet.
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner, Salesforce or Business
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related
field is preferred. Associate Degree with related work
- Workday framework training, security training and advanced
$100,000 - $110,000 commensurate with experience
Grade of Position: A18E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
This position will be exclusively represented by the Service
Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 888 for purposes of
wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
In addition to a competitive salary, Emerson College is committed
to the health and well-being of our employees and family members.
We offer a generous benefits package to regular staff scheduled to
work 20+ hours per week.
Benefits include outstanding health plans with limited
out-of-pocket expenses, dental plans, generous time-off programs,
and a 403(b) retirement benefit with a 9% employer contribution
once eligible. Additional benefits such as life and disability
coverage as well as commuter offerings are available.
Please refer to our
for a full list of benefits and
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Integration-Analyst_JR003390
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution
dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a
liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of
the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to
major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers.
The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands.
Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate
students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational
experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from
individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and
perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our
co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College
enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our
campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening
communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development
of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful
citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in
its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the
Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to
respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct
Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza,
Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone:
617-824-8999; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson
College commits to providing all current and prospective students
and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for
each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police
Information on Emerson College staff grade range