Housing Facilities Services (HFS)
at the University of
Colorado Boulder encourages applications for a HVAC
! This position exists to repair and maintain
University of Colorado living areas to keep them in a clean, safe,
and comfortable condition. Provide analysis, repair, maintenance
and overall management of Housing and Dining Services HVAC
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Housing Facilities Services (HFS)
is a comprehensive
facility management operation that provides around-the-clock
support to over 10,000 residents and 20,000 conference guests
annually. Services include maintenance, repair, renovation, project
management, capital construction, housekeeping, and grounds-keeping
operations. HFS has approximately 190 full-time employees, as well
as approximately 80 part-time and student staff, who all strive to
give residents the best living experience possible.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Diagnostics & Analysis
HVAC Inspection & Repair
- Perform scheduled in-depth preventative maintenance and
service/repair of HVAC mechanical systems and sub-systems, i.e.,
pneumatic/DDC control systems, air-handling evaporation systems,
chillers, rooftop equip., split systems, window units,
heating/cooling water circulation systems, relater fans, piping,
pumps, and other components.
- Operate service, adjust and align equipment as needed.
- Perform detailed diagnostics and analysis for proper operation
of all components.
- Note repairs that require work and schedule same.
Scheduled & Preventative Maintenance
- Perform inspections of building HVAC mechanical and control,
sub-systems and components related to control problems, heating,
cooling, and evaporation/ventilation for proper temperature,
pressure and operations.
- Make on spot adjustments and minor repairs.
- Scheduling and giving notification for shutting down equipment
that requires ordering parts and assembling of special tools.
- Communicate with users/customers to the ramifications of such
Building Pneumatic & Control Systems
- Perform scheduled repair work and preventive maintenance
involving the cleaning, rebuilding, replacement, installation,
operation of HVAC equipment and control systems inclusive of but
not limited to direct and indirect cooling towers, evaporative air
conditioning systems, mechanical refrigeration systems, hydronic
circulation pumps, heat reclamation systems, DDC controls, and
pneumatic control systems.
- Layout, install or modify pneumatic and DDC control systems to
upgrade performance and save energy.
- Repair or rebuild pneumatic, electronic mechanical controllers,
temperature devices, flow emitters, positioners, operators, signal
conditioners and all other related instruments.
Use of a University vehicle will be required to complete some
of the duties above.
What You Should Know
- Perform scheduled maintenance/service i.e. change filters,
clean coils, oil/grease bearings, motors, pumps, and air wash
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- 100% on campus, essential services position.
- The salary range for this position is $52,356 - $67,805
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be empowered. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What We Would Like You To Have
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to
the work assigned to the position.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical.
- Appropriate education or successful completion of a formalized
apprenticeship program will substitute for the required experience
on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience in wide variety of HVAC systems and controls.
Evaporative coolers, Steam, VAV, Pneumatics, Air Handlers,
- Must have Universal CFC certification.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 25, 2022
Application materials will not be accepted via
email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is
required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies
(snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event)
and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during
emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: