Clinical Administrative Assistant
Full or Part Time
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
The Clinical Administrative Assistant will provide administrative
support, primarily to the clinical education faculty, but may also
assist with tasks/projects by department chair, faculty, staff, and
students within the Communication Sciences and Disorders. They
will: coordinate and communicate between Department, University,
Clinical Sites, students, staff, Patients/Clients, and oversee
workflow for clinical education program.
Clinical education includes the operations of the Adult Learning
Lab and off-site clinical placements; coordinate clinical education
events and administration of departmental clinical education
experiences; initiate and maintain all activities that relate to
contracts with outside practicum sites and track expired and active
contracts and maintain and keep records for the clinical education
program. This position reports directly to the Chair in the
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of the Adult
Learning Lab ( DALL ) and the Director of Clinical Education ( DCE
- Coordinate and communicate between personnel in Department,
University, Clinical Sites, students, staff, Patients/Clients,
community stakeholders and adapt to administrative work flow for
clinical education program.
- Organize, maintain and keep current records for the clinical
- Coordinate and communicate for department clinical education
events and administration of clinical education experiences.
- Organize and coordinate Learning Lab Clinic offered at Chapman
University – Harry and Dianne Rinker Health Science Campus.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education or experience related
to the duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of two years related experience in providing
administrative support to professional staff.
- Strong oral communication skills. Professional telephone and
- Writing skills to prepare clear and concise, grammatically
correct business correspondence; strong editing and proofreading
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain a high level of
- Arithmetic and calculation skills to prepare financial
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collegially
with staff, faculty, and administration.
- Ability to use word processing, internet and electronic mail
software, cloud services, including Microsoft Office Suite and
- Working knowledge of university policies and procedures that
pertain to the duties of the position.
- Ability to prioritize work duties when faced with
interruptions, distraction and fluctuating workload.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and accomplish tasks in a
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
multiple projects and maintain composure and good attitude when
- Strong commitment to service.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with diverse groups of
individuals at all organizational levels, both inside and outside
of the university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Working knowledge of Calipso, Campus Solutions, PeopleSoft,
Blackboard, and 25Live.
- Ability to make travel and lodging arrangements.
- Working knowledge of Chapman University policies and procedures
that pertain to the duties of the position.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings and
events including coordinating catering, room reservations and
The primary location of this position is at Chapman University’s
Harry and Dianne Rinker Health Science Campus in Irvine, CA.
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently
authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and
Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion
and outcomes of a criminal background screening and returning to
the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the
Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.
Minimum Number of References
Maximum Number of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3