Auto req ID
I1059P IT RC Systems Professional V
USA - MA - Cambridge
Principal Storage Engineer
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Broad knowledge of the deployment and management of RC systems
(e.g. storage, cluster computing, network, database, virtualized
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach,
and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
- Specialized knowledge and ability to lead the development of
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid
sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical
plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting
after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance
program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and
discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as
well as additional options to assist employees in their daily
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little
or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition,
meditation and complimentary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events
and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
FAS Research Computing
35 hours per week
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected
- Minimum of nine years’ post-secondary education or relevant
- Occasionally required to work outside of normal business hours,
and may be contacted during off hours
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19
vaccine boosters, as detailed in
Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements
. Individuals may
claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or
religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s
COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of
vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19
Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and
- Lead the design, implementation, and lifecycle management of
current and future storage deployments (currently Lustre, ceph, and
DellEMC Isilon systems).
- Evaluate current state-of-the-art developments in storage
technology. Recommend appropriate products to support local
- Develop policy and procedures for storage installations,
continued maintenance, storage lifecycles, monitoring, and
- Work with vendors, other related groups on campus, and
national/international groups to identify storage trends and new
technologies. Discuss and coordinate with groups when
- Perform project management duties for storage decisions,
installations, configurations, and decommissions.
- Work with FASRC groups to make available production-ready
storage instances, using the storage management/accounting services
- Lead cross-functional technical teams and multiple projects to
reach defined goals.
- Perform financial analyses; develop and review charge models
and projections for storage use and growth.
- Designs metrics to track usage and predict the need for future
- Provide documentation for storage instances, storage
policy/procedure, and planning sessions, etc.
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and
belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and
fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to
create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of
talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing
individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities,
life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.