JOB SUMMARY :
Coppin State University, a fully accredited institution and a
member of the University System of Maryland is accepting
applications for a full-time Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, for
the Department of Psychology, Counseling and Behavioral Health.
Founded in 1900, Coppin is an urban residential historically black
university ( HBCU ), serving students enrolled in day, evening,
weekend, and online courses. Undergraduate majors available include
Applied Psychological Services, with/without a Concentration in
Alcohol and Substance Abuse, and Rehabilitation Services, both
leading to a B.S. Degree. The Department offers graduate level
degree programs in Addiction Counseling (M.S.) and Rehabilitation
Counseling (M.Ed.). This full-time faculty position is a ten-month
position that includes teaching, advising and academic committee
membership responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have
experience in teaching Addiction Counseling coursework as well as
clinical experience in Addiction/Behavioral Health settings.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide timely and appropriate academic advisement and guidance
to students; in verbal and written form, on the expected plan of
study and course objectives, general grading policy, and
- A commitment to the retention progression and graduation of the
- Research experience with the goal, of further developing an
active research and publication agenda.
- Maintain on-campus office hours of at least 5 hours per
- Provide service on Departmental, College and University-Wide
- An earned doctorate, PhD or EdD in counselor education from a
CACREP accredited program or a doctoral degree in a related field
(i.e., Counseling Psychology).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- An established record of teaching experience.
- If the doctorate degree was not received from a CACREP
accredited program, candidate must have been employed as a
full-time faculty member in a counselor education program
(preferably with CACREP accreditation) for a minimum of four full
academic years before July 1, 2013.
- Candidates should have experience teaching courses in the area
of Addiction Counseling, along with clinical experience in
Addiction/Behavioral Health settings.
Position Detail Information
- A record of effectiveness in graduate level teaching and
potential for scholarly research.
- A commitment to social justice and multicultural competence is
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
Posting Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID -19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged for all University