Emporia State University is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Executive Director of Strategic Student Success in Emporia, KS. Through a strong partnership between Enrollment Management and Student Success, Academic Affairs, Alumni, and the broader ESU community, the Executive Director provides leadership and support in the creation, implementation, and coordination of strategic retention and student success initiatives at Emporia State University. The position requires outreach and collaboration with deans and academic departments to support educational efforts and retention, and works closely to develop reporting systems for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating retention and graduation data to all stakeholders. This position will strengthen the Strategic Enrollment Management Plan by working to increase student retention and graduation rates for undergraduate students, and by providing support for recruitment and enrollment. The Executive Director provides leadership to 3+ direct reports in the Enrollment Management and Student Success division and reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Success.
The Executive Director is a full-time, 12-month staff position that typically works 8am-5pm with some evening and weekend expectations.
• Provide and model strategic leadership to student-facing direct reports (3+ student success directors) focused on holistic student success, development, and engagement. Supervise and provide on-going support to professional staff.
• Coordinate retention and student success efforts (including the Parent Program, Hornet Connections, Jones Success Program) through campus-wide collaborations to ensure data-driven, resource-efficient, and consistent best practices. Grow, coordinate, assess, and/or develop division-specific retention and student success initiatives, policies, and metrics.
• Closely collaborate with Academic Affairs, EMSS, Alumni Association, and other services across campus to promote an engaged experience that enhances the student’s sense of belonging, campus culture and improves educational outcomes.
• Demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion. Constant consideration with all aspects of position.
• Participate in and attend a wide range of activities and events on campus and within the community.
• Serve and lead campuswide committees and work groups, including the Retention Action Team.
• Remain informed of national trends, changes and best practices related to student success, retention, and enrollment management. Implement and relay information and updates to division and others.
• Budget development, management, and accountability.
• Nurture and cultivate a campus environment that provides opportunities for engagement, inclusiveness, personal and professional growth for students.
• Serve as a point person for communications with specific student populations, especially through texting.
• Other duties as needed, which may include teaching a first-year seminar.
• Master’s degree plus 5+ years related experience in a student success, student affairs or enrollment management area.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access when working with students, colleagues, and other constituents. And implementing initiatives, processes, and policies.
• Demonstrated success in creating a student-centered environment.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship building skills; excellent communication skills; and ability to exercise a high level of independent judgement, and organizational/customer service skills.
• Ability to make sound decisions, excellent analytical problem-solving skills, manage projects, and effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with a strong commitment to quality and student experience.
• Demonstrated experiences in creating student support systems that foster student success and growth. Demonstrated experience leading and developing professional staff.
• Experience with Banner
• Experience analyzing and manipulating data
• Bilingual in Spanish
The salary for this position is $56,600-$85,000 based on experience and qualifications. This position also qualifies for a comprehensive benefits package.
The preferred deadline for applications is Monday, September 12, 2022. Qualified candidates should submit (1) a letter of interest that describes how their experiences match the position’s responsibilities; (2) all unofficial college transcripts (candidate selected for position will be required to provide official transcripts); (3) a detailed resume or vita; and (4) the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of four professional references. Incomplete applications are not considered. Application materials should be uploaded to https://bit.ly/3JOUOKL. Questions about the position can be directed to Lynn Hobson, Search Chair (lhobson@ emporia.edu). A criminal background check is required if offered the position.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.