The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS) seeks applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Assistant 1 for the Department of Sociology and the Department of Philosophy. This position will provide programmatic and administrative support to the departments including payroll, purchasing, and travel processing. The incumbent is expected to work independently under supervision and within the defined guidelines established by the programs and the supervisors. This position is part of a college-wide effort to build stability and support for CLAS support staff and is key to supporting the departments’ and college mission for administrative success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process travel, reimbursements, and other related fiscal and administrative documents.
- Assist with all aspects of purchasing including pro-card, reallocation and reconciliation, vendor setup, requisitions/purchase orders, invoices, and related items, for all departmental operations.
- Coordinate and track payroll processes, draft offer letters, and ensure completion and submission of onboarding paperwork.
- Provides service on the graduate admissions and payroll process from application to commencement.
- Manage inventory, asset tracking, and surplus.
- Assist with event planning, advertising, and management of invited speakers and guests.
- Organize and distribute mail, deliveries, and returns for the departments.
- Assist with social media and website updates.
- Collect and organize fiscal and operational data for annual departmental reporting.
- Assist with management of departmental space including room reservations, work order entry, and maintenance of physical and digital displays.
- Perform other related work and projects as required with the purpose of general office support to the department.
- Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of related experience OR associate's degree and two to three years of related experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Proven ability to manage time in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to adaptively work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft programs.
- Ability to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496700 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on August 18, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.