Community College of Philadelphia
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators
and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia.
Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a
college that is committed to promoting a work environment that
attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We
challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level
while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment
of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic
community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us
and become a part of a community that has long been and will
continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and
** THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR PARTIAL REMOTE WORK
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Dean,
Business & Technology
For a complete position description, and apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the "Apply"
"Success Starts Here" is our message to the Philadelphia
community - and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize
that our success as a college and the success of our students
starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success.
Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of
benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for
employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
(off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• Earned master's degree in an academic discipline represented
within the Division is required. Any and all degrees must be from a
recognized institutional accreditor.
• Seven (7) years of progressively responsible relevant experience
in higher education required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a management
capacity, with demonstrated successful experience in personnel
management and budget development required.
• Teaching experience required.
• Experience in academic assessment work at the course, program,
and institutional levels required.
• A demonstrated strong commitment to academic excellence, strong
work ethic, and demonstrated academic record of innovation and
program development, analysis and evaluation required.
• Knowledge of nationally recognized reform efforts in the areas of
instructional and curricular innovation practices, Guided Pathways,
developmental education, as well as practices in retention and
enrollment development, required.
• Knowledge of state and federal laws related to higher education
• Experience with regional and program-specific accreditation
issues and processes required.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with
faculty, staff, students and community groups of diverse
backgrounds, as well as deep commitment to issues of diversity,
equity and inclusion, required.
• Conversant in technological innovations and potential programs of
• An innovative, solution-oriented thinker who understands complex
systems and has strong relationship-building skill sets that lead
to high quality organizational practices and results.
• Ability to articulate complex higher education issues in a manner
that can clearly be understood by a variety of audiences.
• Skilled in strategic thinking, planning and execution, change
management and system thinking with knowledge of strategy
development and implementation, performance management systems of
goals, targets and monitoring progress.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills including engaging verbal and
written communication and ability to influence a wide range of
individuals from different backgrounds and at different
• Effective decision-making skills and ability to juggle multiple
and competing demands and establish priorities in a highly dynamic
environment, while providing continual attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and leverage relationships with
business, education, government and other constituencies.
• Demonstrated commitment to the mission of a community college,
and a strong commitment to a large, complex and diverse campus
• Experience in a role requiring advanced collaboration and
problem-solving skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to work
with efficiency and diplomacy, particularly as part of a team
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a
diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and
staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and
ethnic backgrounds required.
• Doctoral degree preferred.
• Teaching experience at a community college is preferred.
• Prior experience in a unionized environment preferred.