Coordinates, directs and manages the office of a top university
executive limited to a Vice Chancellor/Vice President, Asst Vice
Chancellor/Vice President, Vice President, Assoc Vice President,
Asst Vice President or Dean.
- Coordinates and manages the daily schedule of the university
executive with internal and external parties, which includes staff,
university administrators, alumni, students, Board of Regents,
government officials and community leaders.
- Maintains appointment/meeting schedule and calendar.
- Makes travel arrangements, screens all in-coming telephone
calls, and sorts and prioritizes mail.
- Drafts routine responses to correspondence as needed.
- Functionally supervises projects in the office of the
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions and
meetings with executive staff members and outside individuals.
- May supervise secretarial and clerical staff in the
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional information about the position:
• Executive Assistant to the Office of the Associate Vice President
for UH at Sugar Land and Katy
• Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal
and external constituents
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task while staying
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office suite
• Must be proficient with MS Outlook and calendaring
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
- Department is willing to accept experience in lieu of
- Department is willing to accept education in lieu of
• Experience with MS OneNote preffered
The following documents are required:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work
experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to
name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in
advance of making contact with any of your references. References
will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Notes to Applicant:
Position is located at UH at Sugar Land