The P/T Time-limited Staff Psychologist/Staff Counselor is
responsible for providing high quality, direct psychological
counseling services to undergraduate, graduate and law students as
part of an integrated Counseling, Health and Wellness Center.
• Provides short-term psychological individual counseling services,
clinical psychological assessments, short-term treatment plans,
urgent care behavioral risk assessments via Center walk-ins, case
management and off-campus referrals for university students.
• Provides consultation to faculty, staff and students in order to
address student high risk behaviors and student/community holistic
• Maintains timely and thorough client contact documentation
compliant with Center policies and procedures and applicable state
• Provides campus support services as needed during times of campus
crises and/or psychological emergencies.
• Ph.D., Ed.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology or
LCSW or LICSW
o Current provider license in Massachusetts
• Experience and demonstrated knowledge regarding work with
adolescents and young
adults from multicultural and diverse backgrounds, preferably on a
• Training and experience in providing short-term psychotherapy,
group therapy and crisis
response for diverse adolescents and young adults, preferably with
college and university
• Demonstrated ability to assess and treat students with a broad
range of diagnoses.
• Strong student service orientation.
• Maintain ethical/professional conduct and interaction with all
University community members.
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation and
leadership to all campus
constituents (faculty, staff and students)