The Recruitment and Enrollment Manager will focus on the development and implementation of strategies, systems, processes, and networks that support the achievement of desired undergraduate recruitment and enrollment outcomes. The focus of the position is to drive enrollment growth in the undergraduate programs within the College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) at The University of Arizona by delivering effective initiatives to shape impressions, influence reputation, and build relationships.
The individual will oversee and perform activities related to the recruitment and enrollment of students, particularly transfer students, seeking entrance to the programs within the College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) and The University of Arizona. They will initiate, implement, and monitor strategies and procedures that ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of recruitment and enrollment methods. They will also compile, prepare, and distribute customized and timely reports that can be used by leadership to show recruitment and enrollment progress.
The Recruitment and Enrollment Manager will report to the Assistant Dean, Curricular & Academic Affairs in the College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) and will collaborate with other professionals in CAST, The University of Arizona, domestically, and internationally to achieve goals. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment and must consistently demonstrate creativity, flexibility, initiative, and teamwork.
This position is eligible for remote work inside the state of Arizona.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of the student recruitment, student enrollment, planning, and implementing of recruitment and enrollment programs, initiatives, and events.
- Oversees communications and marketing to prospective students and serves as a liaison and primary contact between applicants and the institution.
- Develops and implements strategic recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Designs, recommends, and executes short and long-term strategies to achieve recruitment and enrollment goals for the College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST).
- Communicates regularly with CAST leadership regarding recruitment and enrollment data.
- Coordinates and interacts with a wide variety of constituents both within the University and externally including, but not limited to: Office of Admissions, Admissions Processing Unit (APU), Transfer Credit & Articulation, AZ Online, AZ Transfer.
- Collaborates with faculty in the departments within the CAST to identify strategies to market programs and recruit students.
- Collaborates with CAST Academic Advisors and other Student Services staff to identify strategies to market programs and recruit students.
- Understands CAST undergraduate program requirements and classes needed to transfer into a degree program.
- Partners with Arizona community colleges to be present and front-facing for current community college students.
- Participates in and evaluates transfer student recruitment activities.
- Stays current on recruitment and enrollment trends and searches on a consistent basis for new and unique opportunities for student interaction and engagement.
- Performs pre-evaluation of transcripts for admission purposes, interviews, advises, and communicates with prospective transfer students regarding academic and curricular issues.
- Responds to inquiries from prospective transfer students and other constituents regarding the admission process and procedures, the transferability of credit, and related academic information
- Assists Assistant Dean with the creation and updating of articulated transfer guides and curricular maps for incoming transfer students.
- Counsels, advises, and refers (as appropriate) prospective students on educational planning, financial aid, enrollment services, and admissions process.
- Monitors student application progress and communicate to students to increase yield.
- Maintains records documenting prospective student discussions, recommendations, and next steps related to admission and enrollment.
- Oversees a recruitment student ambassador program for CAST, ensuring participation in recruitment events when needed.
- Uses tools, collect, and analyze data to understand student population(s) that can inform recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- Leverages student data to identify patterns and other factors to inform recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- Develops data-informed recruitment travel strategies, including identifying events and other stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates, analyzes, and interprets data, both verbally and in writing.
- Designs and conducts information sessions and participates in college and campus orientations for prospective and admitted students.
- Serve on university admissions and enrollment committees.
- Attend campus and college recruiting and outreach events.
- Attend some regional and national college fairs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in recruitment and enrollment in a higher education setting.
- Master's degree preferred, or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience.
- Experience and or knowledge of community colleges.
- Education and/or experience in recruitment and enrollment, particularly with transfer students.