John Brown University (JBU) seeks the vice president for enrollment management who will be responsible for the leadership, management, and supervision of the Office of Enrollment Management. This office recruits traditional undergraduate, online, and graduate students, and JBU is seeking a leader who is innovative and adept at promoting academic and co-curricular programs. The vice president will lead the enrollment management team to evaluate current processes and make recommendations for changes in recruitment and enrollment initiatives, marketing and communication strategies, tuition net revenue strategies, and potential academic or co-curricular programs that align with JBU’s mission, resources, and market demand. The vice president for enrollment management will serve on the JBU President’s Cabinet, reporting directly to the chief operating officer and indirectly to the president.
- Build, lead, and motivate the appropriate teams to meet enrollment goals, including student headcount and financial aid discount.
- Oversee recruiting strategies and deployment of budget resources to communicate JBU’s value proposition to potential students and families.
- Cultivate, maintain, and build new relationships with key influencers (individuals, organizations, church/school leaders) in our current and potential target populations.
- Develop and manage predictive models and metrics to measure and report enrollment forecasts and budget impact.
- Chair campus Admissions and Financial Aid Committee.
- Collaborate with the cabinet to set annual increases in the cost of attendance based on research and analytics.
- Oversee the activity of enrollment management staff to create a culture of strong collaboration, both cross-functionally and within the enrollment management team.
- Develop staffing and technology strategies within enrollment management to respond to changing institutional priorities and market opportunities.
- Report enrollment data to the cabinet and the development committee of the board of trustees.
- Actively contribute to all decisions and discussions of the president’s cabinet.
- Currently reporting directly to this position: director of admissions, director of financial aid, director of academic partnerships, and director of design and marketing.
- Other duties as assigned.
John Brown University’s mission is to provide Christ-centered education that prepares people to honor God and serve others by developing their intellectual, spiritual and professional lives. We are a Christ-centered, interdenominational university that leads the nation in integrating faith and learning, fostering holistic spiritual formation, promoting pragmatic liberal arts education, and preparing people to follow Christ’s call to serve others in all areas of life. All employees must agree with the Employee Expectations and Articles of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree. Demonstrated leadership and staff development experience in enrollment management within academic settings. Demonstrated experience in data-driven enrollment operations and leveraging financial aid to manage overall net tuition revenue. Track record of implementing comprehensive marketing strategies to increase enrollment. Commitment to working with a diverse population of students, families, and teams. Articulate the value of Christian higher education offered by JBU. Committed follower of Jesus Christ in agreement with JBU’s Articles of Faith and Employee Expectations.
- Advanced degree and/or certification. Demonstrated experience with: successfully recruiting traditional, graduate, online, and concurrent student populations. successfully recruiting or working with diverse student populations. managing third-party agreements to meet established outcomes. Slate software or other customer relationship management software.
Demonstrated collaboration in launching academic and co-curricular programs to increase enrollment. Demonstrated skill in designing and conducting market research. Familiarity with NACCAP code of ethics.
A competitive salary exists which will be commensurate with training and/or experience. In addition, JBU offers a comprehensive benefits package including 403(b) retirement plan, medical and dental insurance, tuition remission, leave related to the birth of a child, adoption leave, and moving expenses.
Position begins July 1, 2023. Applications are being accepted, and the screening process is anticipated to begin September 1, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
JBU desires to increase the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students to honor how all humans are created in the image of God, to reflect better the diversity of the Kingdom of God, to further our Christian commitment to justice, and to increase the quality of our educational experience. JBU is pursuing the goal of teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from ethnic minorities and women.