The Business Analyst provides quality functional and technical support to assist end users with their use of software applications and business systems. Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with managers, peers, and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with the user community to analyze existing business processes and identify areas for process improvement.
- Partner with the user community to identify, analyze and communicate new business / data requirements.
- Produce, with the user community, functional and technical requirement specifications. Perform research, in conjunction with Information Systems personnel, to produce design documents.
- Develop, document and perform system, integration, and user acceptance tests.
- Support/perform development, documentation, implementation and support of projects related to information systems and data governance.
- Provide support to customers.
- Collect and document current state of data processes being followed in different business units for further analysis
- Contribute to identification and execution of continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated change management concepts and strategies including excellent communication skills
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Willingness to promote change and provide direction
- Excellent analysis and project management skills
- Proven ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to create clear requirements, specifications and documentation
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect and cooperation among teams
- Minimum of 1-3 years of business analysis experience with data analysis, large-scale data or project management experience
- Bachelors Degree in a related discipline
- Higher Education experience
To apply go to https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/12522 or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number S2785. Pay Range: $60,000 - $67,000.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.