Wesleyan College, a four-year national liberal arts college for women and gender minorities located in Macon, Georgia about 70 miles south of Atlanta, is the first college in the world chartered to grant degrees to women. Wesleyan’s academically challenging, inclusive environment helps prepare students to live purposeful and connected lives. A strength of this small liberal arts college is our diverse student population and our commitment to liberal arts and justice throughout our curriculum. Faculty are known for their commitment to teaching, diversity, and community.
The Vice President of Enrollment, Marketing and Communications serves as a member of the President’s executive leadership team and participates in institution-wide strategic planning and policy development. The Vice President reports to the President and is responsible for enrollment stability and strategic enrollment growth in all venues and across all delivery platforms of the university.
The Vice President of Enrollment, Marketing and Communications will provide vision and strategic direction for enrollment management, marketing and communications for Wesleyan College. The Vice President will also be responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of the University’s strategic enrollment, financial aid strategies, marketing communications and student retention initiatives and outcomes while providing vision and leadership to Wesleyan in all of these areas. The Vice President should have thorough knowledge, understanding and experience with current technologies and platforms for recruiting traditional, international, online, transfer, undergraduate, graduate and adult students. The Vice President of Enrollment, Marketing and Communications is responsible for development of marketing resources and strategic campaigns for student recruitment, including social media, web-based communications, web site management for recruitment purposes, and printed materials.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan that is aligned with the mission, academic vision, and strategic plan of the institution.
- Design, implement and monitor the enrollment plan, including enrollment targets, recruitment objectives, tactics and strategies in consultation with Wesleyan stakeholders.
- Strategically leverage the institution’s financial aid budget and utilize data and to achieve enrollment goals.
- Provide collaborate leadership to the office of the registrar to ensure efficiency, quality customer service, and best practices in enrollment and record maintenance aligned with institutional policy, federal regulations, accrediting bodies, and the academic mission.
- Lead and provide oversight to the offices of admission, financial aid, and the registrar.
- Develop strategic partnerships with faculty, academic leaders, local businesses and industry to advance enrollment efforts and success.
- Develop, and analyze admissions data, making informed decisions about short and long range enrollment goals and new market opportunities.
- Development and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communication plan.
- Oversees all public relations activities, including brand management, publications, mass media, social and other web media, including the university web site for both internal and external audiences.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to conduct strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Knowledge of national practices in all areas of enrollment management, including financial aid, leveraging strategies, retention strategies, and tuition net revenue strategies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and an ability to build positive and effective relationships with colleagues, students and the external community.
- Demonstrated success in increasing student enrollment.
- Proven administrative and supervisory skills
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in enrollment management within higher education to include senior level experience in marketing and communications.
- Personal record of leadership and service demonstrating integrity, accountability, fiscal responsibility and achievement of goals.
Wesleyan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Wesleyan College is a certified drug-free workplace employer. All applicants being considered for employment are required to submit to substance screening as a condition of employment. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. Individuals will be required to provide proof of identity and eligibility for employment in the United States upon acceptance of an employment offer. In addition, employment is contingent upon successfully passing a criminal background check.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. Posting may close as soon as an applicant pool is identified.
To apply for this position, please email a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Julie Daniel, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com .