Full or Part Time
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Chapman University is seeking an on-site Auditor Analyst for the
Office of Institutional Compliance and Internal Audit. The Auditor
Analyst will provide university management and other stakeholders
with independent, objective audits of a financial, operational, and
compliance nature across the university’s eleven schools and
colleges as well as non-academic departments. In this role, the
Auditor Analyst will provide critical contributions to the Internal
Audit and Institutional Compliance functions by developing and
maintaining data analytic projects. The Auditor Analyst will assist
the Institutional Compliance function on education, awareness, and
policy improvement initiatives that create an ethical culture at
- Collaborate with the Director of Internal Audit on audit scope
and procedures that assess risk, governance, and control
- Independently execute the full range of audit activities
spanning planning, fieldwork, and report writing.
- Effectively communicate audit matters in both verbal and
written format with all levels of university personnel, including
management and faculty, and facilitate agreement on issues and
- Retrieve data from a variety of university information systems
to perform analyses and draw conclusions or further audit steps
from such analyses.
- Maintain an organized, detailed, and reviewable set of audit
- Contribute towards the development of the annual internal audit
- Keep updated on industry trends and auditing knowledge through
professional development opportunities.
- Uphold professionalism when working with confidential or
- Support Institutional Compliance efforts to create an ethical
culture through education, awareness, and policy improvement
- Perform other duties as needed at the direction of the Director
of Internal Audit or Chief Compliance Officer.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from a four-year
accredited university or college. Other quantitative
business-related degrees will be considered.
- A minimum of two years of auditing experience gained from
non-profit, governmental, private, and/or public accounting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products; specifically,
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience conducting data analytics.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Minimum Number of References
- Higher education auditing experience.
- Experience performing data analytics and/or using data
visualization software (PowerBI, IDEA, Tableau, ACL ).
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CPA (Certified Public
Accountant), and/or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
certification(s) are highly desirable. Significant progress towards
certification completion is also desired.
Maximum Number of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you a Certified Internal Auditor?
- Do you have experience working in higher education?
- Please rate your experience with using Microsoft Excel:
- Basic (format cells, basic formulas such as adding and
- Intermediate (graphing/charting data, pivot table
- Advanced (functions, complex formula building, macro
- Cover Letter