Wesleyan College, a four-year national liberal arts college for women and gender minorities located in Macon, Georgia about 70 miles south of Atlanta, is the first college in the world chartered to grant degrees to women. Wesleyan’s academically challenging, inclusive environment helps prepare students to live purposeful and connected lives. A strength of this small liberal arts college is our diverse student population and our commitment to liberal arts and justice throughout our curriculum. Faculty are known for their commitment to teaching, diversity, and community.
Reporting directly to the College President, the Vice President of Business Operations and Finance provides leadership and managerial oversight to the business and financial operations of the College. The Vice President of Business Operations and Finance is a senior administrator of the institution and a member of the College’s executive team. In addition to serving as an advisor on business and finance matters, the Vice President assists the College President with state and federal issues affecting the College’s financial interests.
On a daily basis, the Vice President oversees the business operations of accounting, purchasing, contract management, human resources, computer information technology, facilities and maintenance management, financial reporting, and auxiliary services, which includes campus security and food services. The Vice President also serves as the lead administrator for capital improvements (renovations up to new builds), including planning, consultant engagement, and design through to project completion. The Vice President is expected to play a positive leadership role in helping the College effectively manage change.
- Ensures the College receives exemplary operational and financial audits.
- Develops teamwork and accountability while managing a large group of direct reports to ensure that all departments work effectively and efficiently across the organization.
- Leads the annual budgeting process. Provides leadership in the development and management of the college’s strategic plan for maintaining fiscal responsibility.
- Provides timely financial statements and analysis for the Board and administration and maintains compliance with government, accreditation and all other agencies and business partners.
- Ensures the President is promptly apprised of activities and issues related to the business operations, facilities, and finances of the College, and promptly responds to inquiries from the President.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial leadership in implementing and evolving tools and resources to improve college processes.
- Collaborates with the College President and all relevant departments to secure resources and promote the financial well-being of the institution, including managing state and federal monies.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local statutes, guidelines, and regulations as applicable to the expenditure and transfer of all federal, state, and locally appropriated funds and the control and use of college property and facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- At least ten years of supervisory experience in finance, business, and/or administrative services in a public higher education setting to include facility and building management and development, human resources, and information technology.
- At least ten years of higher education experience leading and managing business operations.
- Demonstrated expertise in communication, organizational, administrative, and strategic planning skills.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills. Commitment to collegial, consensus building processes in decision-making.
- Financial expertise in budgeting, managing, and analysis.
Wesleyan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. Wesleyan College invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Wesleyan College is a certified drug-free workplace employer. All applicants being considered for employment are required to submit to substance screening as a condition of employment. In addition, employment is contingent upon successfully passing a criminal background check. Hiring is based on eligibility to work in the United States, individuals will be required to provide proof of identity and eligibility for employment in the United States upon acceptance of an employment offer.
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest with resume and three references to Julie Daniel, firstname.lastname@example.org .