Baylor College of Medicine's Facility Services department is
currently seeking a Senior Carpenter.
The candidate should be able to interpret construction drawings as
well as perform work from verbal instructions. The candidate will
be responsible for installing custom cabinetry, solid surface
countertops, frame commercial walls, doors and drop ceilings. The
candidate must also be able to coordinate or schedule
subcontractors, BCM carpenters, material and equipment on
- Builds and assembles all forms of cabinets and solid surface
- Interprets construction drawings and order materials for
- Builds cold rooms, patient rooms, research lab benches, offices
and entire office suites.
- Coordinates and schedules work with other trade personnel and
contractors to complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Installs all types of mill work, aluminum framing, commercial
doors and sheetrock framing.
- Maintains a clean work area and cleans up completed
- Performs carpentry duties using a variety of hand and power
- Follows up with customer to ensure quality and
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Five years of relevant experience in general carpentry and
- Trade or technical school.
- Renovation and construction experience, wet lab
- Completion of recognized apprenticeship.
- Proficient with hand tools.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully
vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against
vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to,
COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.