Colgate University, among the top liberal arts institutions in the
country, seeks an experienced and thoughtfulMultimedia
, to join the Classrooms, Digital Media and Events
group within Information Technology Services. This is an exciting
opportunity to help forge and reimagine the role of digital media
in the classroom and beyond. This role will support blossoming
student interest in audio and video production and support Colgate
University’s Third Century Plan ambitions in the arts, creativity
and innovation: an ambitious, multi-year transformation currently
ColgateInformation Technology Services
( ITS ) is a dynamic
organization that serves the diverse technology needs of the
university community. Comprised of several functional areas –
Classrooms, Digital Media & Events; Data Analytics &
Decision Support; Engagement & Support; Information Security;
Learning & Applied Innovation; Services & Shared
Infrastructure – ITS prides itself on exceptional customer service
and building collaborative relationships to meet the unique needs
of our liberal arts campus. ITS endeavors to foster an inclusive
environment that values diversity, professional development,
creativity and innovation to support the growth of individuals and
the organization. Under the leadership of the CIO, ITS is embarking
on a strategic planning process to align services and resources
with several exciting new initiatives identified in
Colgate’sThird Century Plan
The Multimedia Manager will directly support the academic mission
of the University by assisting students, faculty and staff in the
studio, the classroom and the field. Guided by Colgate’s Third
Century Plan and a renewed vision for the arts, this position will
play a key role supporting traditional and transformative
As part of the Classrooms, Digital Media and Events team this
position will lead support in-house production facilities, field
production operations and serve as a resource for other campus
media facilities. This role will support event production and
planning by taking charge of the digital media components for
complex events including live streaming, video production and video
The Multimedia manager will meet with faculty, staff and students
to plan, organize and execute media projects, support
presentations, exhibits and aid in the selection of appropriate
technologies, venues and resources.
Primary Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Effective supervision and management of Colgate’s production
- Organize and lead large complex events requiring multimedia
- Provide expertise assisting in the maintenance, operation and
development of production and premiere event facilities across
- Plan, supervise and manage multimedia productions in the
studios, in the field and other production environments across
campus ensuring high production values.
- Provide effective leadership of multimedia projects in
collaboration with faculty, students and staff from concept to
- Lead training efforts for peers and Colgate community members
in the use of multimedia components, software and hardware.
- Hire, manage, mentor and train student staff to cultivate and
maintain a rich support resource for the campus community.
- Mentor and guide media-oriented student organizations to
support their development and success.
- Research, recommend and assist in the implementation of
software, hardware, procedures, and areas of multimedia interest to
support pedagogical needs.
- Manage the post production of audio and video works. Apply
graphics, transitions, motion graphics, color correction and sound
tracking to client specifications. Merge multitrack audio
recordings for final output with the appropriate filters, plugins
and noise reduction.
- Responsible for the job evaluation, development and continued
professional growth of all direct reports. Responsible for the
effective supervision of staff as assigned.
- Ensures selection and hiring of high quality employees; ensures
appropriate distribution of work assignments and high quality of
employee work product; ensures fair, accurate and timely
performance assessments and feedback to include identifying areas
for professional development and documenting and conducting
disciplinary measures, as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring fair and accurate decisions regarding
employment status (hire, promotion, salary increases, termination);
ensures the creation of effective opportunities and programs for
employee mentoring, development and sustained performance.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
- Five or more years of experience in a multimedia production
environment with a deep understanding of the variety of tools and
- Experience managing a production team and overseeing the
development of scripts, studio setup, production and post
- Expertise in the planning, design, operation and integration of
video production tools used in the production of live events.
- Expertise with video streaming and video conferencing in a
single and multi camera environment.
- Experience planning and executing large events.
- Experience with studio operations, distribution, signal quality
monitoring and post production.
- Three (3) or more years experience working with clients in
digital media in a university setting.
- Experience producing (acting as producer) audio and video
- A strong understanding of video switching and compositing
- Experience supervising and mentoring students in a university
- Demonstrated understanding of digital media trends, issues, and
- Experience supporting the use of emerging digital media in
educational settings (e.g., 360 video, knowledge of AR/VR systems,
digital animation principles).
- Familiarity and experience with enterprise level video
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in project management.
- Experience organizing and conducting multitrack recording
sessions and mix downs.
- Create computer-generated graphics or animation.
Associates degree with three or more years of relevant professional
OR Five or more years of relevant professional experience.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Please Share a Diversity Statement with us:
Colgate has a diverse student, faculty, staff, and alumni
population representing a variety of races, gender identities,
social economic status, sexual orientations, languages, national
origins, etc. Our
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Plan
framework for continuing the creation of an inclusive campus and
engaging the Colgate community in this effort in the years
Please describe how you would connect and work with a diverse
community. The statement can be any length (e.g. paragraph or
page). You can upload the statement under the Diversity Statement
document heading. For information on how to write a diversity
statement, see our
Guidance on Crafting Diversity Statements
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin,
marital status, disability, protected Veteran Status, sexual
orientation and gender identity and expression, genetic
information, victims of domestic violence and stalking, familial
status, and all other categories covered by law. This policy shall
apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to
recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion,
layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of
compensation and selection for training at all levels of
employment. Colgate University will not discharge or discriminate
against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or
disclose their own compensation or the compensation of another
employee or applicant. Colgate University is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.