The University of Arizona's College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) is accepting applications for the Director of Finance position. The Director of Finance is responsible for managing, controlling, and coordinating accounting, budgeting, and other financial or related functions to ensure the financial integrity of the college and campus. The position is also responsible for providing business support to college faculty and staff across all College of Applied Science and Technology programs and helping serve as the department liaison to the University of Arizona's Financial Services, including participating in university-level finance and business committees. The Director of Finance is responsible for the direct supervision of Business Office professionals within the college's Finance area. The Director of Finance will report directly to the Dean, be an active member of the college leadership team, and be responsible for the college and campus business operations. This position is an on-site position at UArizona's Sierra Vista Branch Campus. This position may require travel to other UArizona locations throughout the state. CAST is the only college at UArizona that offers the Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) Degree. CAST is a National Security Agency (NSA) designated Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-CO), and an Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) designated Intelligence Community Center of Academic Excellence (IC-CAE). CAST is the University of Arizona's only college headquartered in Sierra Vista. Sierra Vista is located 75 miles southeast of the Tucson campus and is the home to Fort Huachuca and the Army's Military Intelligence Center of Excellence. CAST enjoys a robust education and research partnership with city, county, state, and government partners, including multiple relationships with Fort Huachuca's many education, test, and evaluation organizations.
- Responsible for the coordination, preparation, submission, and execution of the annual budget for the college and the Sierra Vista Branch Campus.
- Responsible for the monitoring and controlling of revenue and expenditure allocations, ensuring budget alignment, and alerting the Dean to potential issues.
- Participate in Deans Leadership Council and CAST Business leader’s monthly meetings.
- Responsible for fiscal year-end close and accuracy of data.
- Manage the processing of student awards.
- Responsible for pre-award and post-award support related to grants management, proposal review and preparation, administration, and financial activities, including reporting, financial projections, financial reconciliation, procurement, and accounting services.
- Oversee the processing of donations, donor acknowledgment, and maintenance of data in Lynx.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the UAccess Financials system and of UAccess Analytics. Support department users as appropriate and use this knowledge to create reports that are beneficial to the department.
- Develops and establishes proper procedures and internal controls in recording and reporting accurate accounting data.
- Responsible for the fiscal year-end account review. Ensure that the budget rollover is accurate and track any carryover amounts due to the college.
- Coordinates and participates in internal and external audits.
Provide finance and management oversight for IT, vehicles, and facilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, rapidly growing college.
- Knowledge of business finance policies and procedures.
- High aptitude for extreme attention to detail.
- Knack for identifying and implementing efficiency in procedures
- Expert level of fiscal ethical responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, including 2 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience leading a team, project, program, or function.
- Master's degree in a finance-focused or related field.
- Higher education financial management experience. Experience managing endowments, grants, donor gifts, and research funding.
- Experience in UAccess Financials, Analytics, Student, Research, and Manager Self Service.
- Experience with managing sponsored project accounts.