COLLEGE CLERICAL ASSISTANT I - MATH CENTER (PART-TIME)
Consider joining the Truman College team whose work directly
supports our student-centered mission. At City Colleges of Chicago,
employees contribute to student success with the goal of graduating
more students with degrees of economic value and thereby positively
impacting the communities we serve. Truman College is located on
the north side and is one of the largest of the City Colleges of
Chicago with a yearly enrollment of more than 20,000
Truman College’s Math Center is a study space designed to help
students thrive academically in all levels of mathematics courses.
Students can freely drop-in to study, complete their homework and
receive science help throughout the day without appointments.
- Prepares routine records, memos and forms; proofs completed
assignments for errors and makes appropriate corrections; maintains
office and student record files in alphabetical and/or numerical
- Receives and sorts incoming mail and distributes to appropriate
personnel or office; answers telephones, takes messages and
transfers calls; provides general information to students regarding
registration, financial aid, departmental course offerings and
campus policies and procedures.
- Collates materials such as exams, classroom handouts, faculty
lists and handbooks, teacher program forms, narrative reports and
- Operates basic office equipment; prepares order requisitions
for needed office supplies and materials; and may assist during
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent is required. Some
clerical and word processing experience preferred.
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00
- Knowledge of word processing software; and knowledge of basic
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions; and ability to
operate a personal computer.
- Skill in basic filing; and good verbal communication