Director of Reunions & Affinity Programs
Alumni Relations, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents A generous employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan. As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers. As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year. University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
This position reports to Associate Vice President for Alumni Relations, Office of Alumni Relations.
- Provides leadership and directs all aspects of annual reunion programs; specifically, Jubilee at Rose Hill, Block Party at Lincoln Center, and Homecoming.
- Manages relationships with all third party vendors.
- Develops and utilizes metrics to track progress versus event goals. Creates and distributes surveys to event attendees.
- Prepares detailed post-event summaries highlighting accomplishments, as well as areas for improvement.
- Responsible for event planning and communication efforts related to the aforementioned initiatives.
- Creates and follows production schedules for the various printed materials and electronic marketing.
- Supervises the Assistant Director of Reunions and Affinity Chapter Programs. Coordinates day-of staffing assignments for all events in purview.
- Collaborates with development staff members and class committees to enhance alumni support and participation at events.
- Maintains relationships with vendors, negotiate contracts, and manage event budgets.
- Provides leadership for the Assistant Director’s work with alumni affinity chapters. Assists as needed when working with key constituents.
- Serves as lead for alumni privilege offerings. Manages existing third-party relationships, suggests new partnerships, and maximizes revenue while protecting the reputation of the University.
- Assists AVP for Alumni Relations with all aspects of annual budget including planning, tracking, reconciliation, etc.
- Recommends changes to existing policies and procedures that will improve performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in a very similar position or organization.
- Self-motivated, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be extremely well-organized.
- Able to work independently and comfortable supervising others. Must be able to manage evolving priorities and deadlines.
- Able to work effectively with all colleagues and stakeholders.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and travel as necessary.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/3478
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories