Posting Details (Default Section)
Head Women's Basketball Coach--Florham
Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
Hiring Manager Title:
Co-Interim Athletic Director
Commensurate with Experience
Reporting to the Director and/or an Associate Director of
Athletics, the Head Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for
organizing and conducting an intercollegiate athletic program at
the Division III level. The program shall be conducted under the
rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic
Association, Division III, the Middle Atlantic Conferences ( MAC ),
and the University. The incumbent is also responsible for
supervising Assistant Coaches; teaching, evaluating and refining
sport specific skill development for student-athletes; and
recruitment of qualified student-athletes within the university and
NCAA Division III guidelines. Head Coaches are asked to perform
additional duties for the betterment of the Athletics Department
and University. It is expected that the coach fulfills these duties
with the same effort they would put into coaching their respective
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Three years experience as a Women’s Basketball coach at the
intercollegiate or high school levels, and highly competitive
personal playing experience.
3. Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations a
4. Commitment to support the academic progress and development of
5. Evidence of recruiting success in (*insert designated sport)
6. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Must have a First Aid and CPR certification or obtain them
during the 90 day Introductory Period. National Red Cross
8. Willingness to travel and work varied hours including evenings
9. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in
accordance with the university’s Motor Vehicle policy. A MVC check
will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed
appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required
to sign a waiver authorizing the MVC check.
10. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Hours may include some nights, weekends and holidays.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter