Open Rank Professor of Nursing
Wellstar School of Nursing
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for tenure-track, Open Rank Professor of Nursing faculty positions in the Wellstar School of Nursing, beginning January 2023. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
These positions report to the Director of the Wellstar School of Nursing. Primary teaching responsibilities will be in undergraduate didactic and clinical courses. Other responsibilities include participation in ongoing curricular assessment, scholarly activities, and service in departmental, college, and university committees.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Program development expectations
- Recruitment expectations
- Dissertation/thesis supervision
- Student teaching/clinical supervision
- Student advising
- Working with a diverse community
Required Qualifications Include:
An earned research-focused doctoral degree, or the foreign equivalent, in nursing or a related field.
- Candidates who did not complete a BSN-to-PhD degree must possess a master’s degree, or the foreign equivalent, in nursing or a related field.
- BSN-to-PhD graduates are not required to hold a master’s degree. Candidates must have a clinical background in one or more: adult health, community health, psychiatric/mental health, parent/child or women’s health nursing and/or skills and simulation labs.
An active RN license in Georgia or eligibility for a Georgia nursing license.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Minimum of 1-year prior teaching experience
- Evidence of scholarship and creative activities
- Prior success in obtaining intramural or extramural funding
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a clinical practice
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 247462.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.