Part-Time Tutor, Learning Hub
$13.65 - $20.00 Hourly
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Provost/Academic & Student Affairs
Act as tutor/lab monitor and assist students in the use of various
software applications; maintain all usage statistics and enforce
college and lab use policies; required to stay up-to-date with
technology; supervise student assistants; work directly with
faculty and student divisions to coordinate additional
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide tutoring in their subject area/s.
- Promote on-campus tutoring services through word of mouth,
classroom announcements, email communication, flyer distribution,
and by using online appointment system.
- Work in a small group setting to answer questions and to
provide study strategies to aid in the understand of course
- Collaborate with instructors and other Peer Educators.
- Maintain the privacy standard in terms of protecting personal
information of the students they tutor and serve.
- Assist with front desk duties by greeting visitor of the
Learning Hub, assist students with sign-in, answer phones, make
tutoring appointments, and keep area clean.
- Perform opening and closing duties as needed.
- Keep up-to-date on skills and coursework for subjects that will
- Maintain accurate records of tutoring sessions/schedules.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills &
- Attend mandatory group and advisory meetings.
- Comply with Lee College policies and procedures
- Promptly report problems or concerns to Learning Hub
- Prepare monthly Time and Effort Reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3673240/part-time-tutor-learning-hub
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, with an earned grade of A or B
in subjects that will be tutored
- Great customer service skills, friendly, patient, and sensitive
to a diverse group of students
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Must exhibit patience and a positive attitude to establish an
encouraging learning environment
- Adaptable to fast-paced work environment
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 12 hours per week during the
- Ability to work with students one on one and in small
- Possess excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal
- Must be able to accept feedback for development and growth
- Must be willing to seek assistance when needed
- Must be able to work interpedently to prepare for tutoring
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be punctual for all scheduled tutoring sessions
- Maintain a high level or professionalism
- Must be avle to work evenings and weekends as needed