Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer
and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester.
LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution
by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in
the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered
educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands
and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and
conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning
opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as
radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Location address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager, Financial Aid Campus Support is responsible for
planning, organizing and supervising the Campus Financial Aid
Office to administer federal, state and institutional financial aid
funds and services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the
financial aid programs and all responsibilities necessary to the
assessment, improvement and maintenance of the programs. Assists
with the development and administration of these programs
- Works closely with the Systems Office staff and acts as a
liaison between the System Office and the Campus
- Monitors activities in the Financial Aid Office to ensure
accuracy and compliance to internal and external regulations
- Ensures the team of Financial Aid Advisors who assist students
with their financial aid questions and applications are adequately
- Brings best practices in providing an outstanding experience to
- Uses issue resolution, critical thinking, problem solving, and
superior communication skills to achieve high quality outcomes via
in-person meetings that can effectively gain student comprehension
of university policy and federal and state regulations, and issue
- Provides clear processes to ensure employees have a solid
understanding of their roles and responsibilities
- Develops and manages the Financial Aid Advisors to create a
supportive, open environment for employee development
- Stays current regarding policies, procedures and requirements
for financial aid programs and Lone Star College processes
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as
- Strong working knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws,
rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
- Ability to Research, analyze, and apply relevant information to
the development of departmental processes and programs
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills; ability to make
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to
do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending;
carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or
driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to
perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- May work weekends and non-traditional hours if needed
- May be fully reassigned to other LSC locations if
- May regularly travel to different LSC locations
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a
Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal
exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of related work
experience, where at least 3 years Financial Aid experience
- Must be in, and maintain, good standing with the Department of
Education for continued employment
- Must successfully complete all NAFSAA Professional Credentials
within one year of hire
- Master's degree
- Certified Financial Aid Administrator (CFAA) certification
Hiring salary range is $65,140 - $74,911
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted
full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall
in that range is determined by your related experience and
education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star
College, the resume submitted in the application process will be
utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined
below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed
to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work
experience. The resume should include the following information for
each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in
the Lone Star College job description should be included in the
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full
comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number
of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition
waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty,
Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the
following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching
Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.