Adjunct Faculty - English as a Second Language
Position's Functional Title
AY22-22 Adjunct Faculty - English as a Second Language
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Governors State University’s School of Extended Learning seeks to
create an available pool of Adjunct (Part-time) Faculty candidates
to teach courses in English as a Second Language. Interested
individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile, attach a
curriculum vitae, and transcripts for consideration.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as
temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific
course in a semester or summer session and will not lead to
Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not
included in membership of the Faculty Senate.
Applicants are required to submit a CV and a copy of
Minimum requirement is a Master’s degree. We will consider a
Master’s in TESOL /Applied Linguistics/Linguistics, Master’s with a
TESOL Certificate, Master’s in a Related Field with a minimum three
years of experience teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language
for academic purposes in the U.S. or abroad.
Experience teaching at the College/University Level,
bi/multilingual ability, experience living abroad, and experience
teaching with technology
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree in TESOL or related field?
- * Do you have experience teaching at the college/university
- * Briefly list your area(s) of research or teaching
(Open Ended Question)
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Do you have bi/multilingual abilities that relate to
- * Do you have experience living abroad?
- Cover Letter
- List of Three Professional References
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation
- Teaching Philosophy
- Certification/Professional License