JOB SUMMARY :
The Coppin State University College of Business invites
applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant/Associate
Professor for the Accounting Bachelor of Science program beginning
Spring 2023. Successful applicants will demonstrate an ability and
- Instruct undergraduate students in accounting courses
particularly Accounting Information Systems and Governmental
Accounting in addition to introductory financial and managerial
- Grow the accounting program and increase public awareness of
its existence through fostering relationships with professionals to
enhance the coursework and department.
- Develop and continually assess the curriculum to produce
graduates who meet the employment criteria for accounting
- Embrace new instructional and programmatic technologies
- Advise students.
- Conduct research in accounting.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability and
commitment to teaching and recruiting students, advising student
organizations, making intellectual contributions to the field,
professional service, grant writing, professional development, and
to meeting the instructional standards of the department, school,
and university. She/he should demonstrate proficiency in the
methods of delivery of course content, including traditional
classroom-based, completely online, and hybrid modalities. The
successful applicantwill also participate in departmental, college,
and university committees. The College of Business is accredited by
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Instruct 12 credit hours of undergraduate courses, day,
evening, and/or online.
- Conduct research in accounting. Publish and present results at
conferences, symposia, and workshops to increase program
- Function in Department, Division and University committees to
interact and interface with CSU faculty, staff, and students to
expand the intrinsic interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary
aspects of data science.
- Assist in writing proposals for obtaining external and internal
funds for data science and enterprise systems
- PhD in Accounting or DBA from an accredited institution or MBA
/MS in Accounting with a desired professional certification (e.g.,
CPA, CIA, CMA, CISA ).
- Academic experience or three years industry experience in the
private sector is preferred. Research experience in accounting is
also preferred. New doctoral graduates are welcome to apply.
- Familiar with diverse populations and their histories.
- Students may require some level of nurturing in addition to
traditional types of advising and this nurturing takes the form of
mentorship that benefits both the student and faculty.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS :
Position Detail Information
- Familiarity with General Accepted Accounting Principles ( GAAP
- Possess necessary skills to use Intuit QuickBooks, Sage
Business Cloud Accounting and AccountEdge Pro.
Posting Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID -19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged for all University
employees. Medical and religious exemption request are accepted and
are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please submit any/all
documents related to this matter to AskHR@coppin.edu.