Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst
This role will provide senior management and their teams with the
information, analysis, and forecasts required to make important
strategic and operating decisions. The position will assist in the
coordination of the annual operating budget process, creation of
monthly variance analysis and reforecasts, and preparation of
quarterly board materials. This position will also assist faculty
and staff across the university with reviews of their budgets,
actual results to date, and purchasing encumbrances.
Director of Budget, Financial Planning
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Develop complex financial models and reports for forecasting,
trending, and results analysis.
- Creating and maintain the financial model for the University
providing forecasts for the income statement, balance sheet, and
cash flow statements.
- Analyzes complex financial data and defines relevant
information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past
financial performance and/or to project a financial
- Collaborate with staff from multiple academic and
administrative units within the university in preparation of
multi-year budget projections and forecasts.
- Identifying current and emerging trends that might impact
Adelphi's fiscal and budgetary conditions and projecting potential
impact under varying scenarios (e.g., trends over time, emerging
trends in higher education, best practices, systems and
- Recommending methods to help streamline and improve budget and
forecast processes for increased efficiency.
- Compile data and prepare written summary reports for the Board
of Trustees and Senior Management.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and ad hoc cash flow analysis for
financial projections for management decisions and Board
- Compile, analyze, and report on the budget requests and ongoing
financial needs of the various University departments.
- Prepare ROI analysis for revenue and cost initiatives.
- Prepare monthly cost analysis, including salary, operating
expense and capital expense.
- Review budget transfers for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Assist the CFO and AVP of Financial Planning and Analysis with
special projects as needed.
- Document processes and procedures as needed.
- Help with budget approvals and transfers.
- Reconciliation of commission-based and third-party contracts to
confirm revenue due or payments owed.
- Help with pro-forma reviews of new academic programs.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong initiative and positive attitude.
- Ability to be organized and pay attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to urgency, volume,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate professionalism and personal integrity.
- Knowledge of and desire to continue to promote and enhance
- Strong computer skills for using Microsoft Excel, Word,
database programs tied to our administrative system and Internet
applications as required. Mainframe computer experience is
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills is desirable, including
knowledge of Pivot tables, formulas and other advanced Excel tools
- Experience with ERPs and data analysis tools is not required,
but is desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance is required.
- Two or more years of experience in accounting or finance is
- Higher education experience is highly desirable.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving more than 7,500 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers
students 75 undergraduate programs, more than 70 master's degree
and doctoral programs, and 55 certificate programs in the liberal
arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 118,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
44 states and 65 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2822