Indiana University Maurer School of Law in Bloomington is seeking outstanding entry-level and lateral tenure/tenure-track applicants to meet needs in a variety of curricular areas including civil rights, commercial law, comparative constitutional law/constitutional design, corporate law, criminal law, criminal procedure, race and the law, and torts, among others. Features of the Maurer School of Law include:
- A highly collegial faculty that is committed to retaining and expanding its diverse community of scholars.
- Integration with a major research university that is committed to scholarly collaboration between faculty across disciplines, on one of the nation’s most beautiful campuses.
- A longstanding focus on interdisciplinary research, law & society scholarship, globalization, and international law.
- Excellent, ambitious JD, LLM, and SJD students with strong entering credentials.
- A strong commitment to curricular innovation to keep pace with a rapidly changing legal profession.
- A three-course teaching load, small average class size, and an excellent student-faculty ratio.
- Generous support for conference travel related to scholarship and professional service and development.
- A lovely, vibrant Big Ten college town.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Minimum Qualifications include a distinguished academic background and either great promise or a record of excellence in both scholarship and teaching, as well as a J.D., Ph.D., or comparable degree.
The candidate will have an expected start date of August 1, 2023. Interested candidates should submit a C.V. and a letter summarizing their professional experience and future career goals in the areas of scholarship, teaching, and service. Please submit these application materials to https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/13407 .Questions regarding the position or application process can be directed to Professor Luis Fuentes-Rohwer, Chair, Faculty Appointments Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 211 S. Indiana Ave., Bloomington, IN 47405.
To be given fullest consideration, applications should be received no later than September 30, 2022.
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status